Delivery / Collection

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noakey

Hi

I was wondering how owners had received their i3. I assume you collect from the dealer together with a test drive and check that everything works before accepting the car..

My dealer, who is 30 miles from home wants to deliver the car from a lorry... while this is very nice, I am concerned that I will not be given the opportunity to test the i3 before signing for acceptance.

What has been the experience of others?

Thank you all in advance

You have loads of protection under various acts, principally the Sale of Goods Act. BMW has a lot riding on this car, they need to get it right, and will bend over backwards to make sure the early adopters are satisfied. I think that the delivery is calculated to ensure that you take possession of a fully charged vehicle, rather than discharge it somewhat on the journey home.

If you do not have a high rate domestic charger yet, then this seems to me to be a reasonable approach. At worst you are getting your car with zero miles on the clock at home, at best you are saving 30 miles in a taxi or a friend or relative making a 60 mile round trip.

ChrisRayner said:
You have loads of protection under various acts, principally the Sale of Goods Act. BMW has a lot riding on this car, they need to get it right, and will bend over backwards to make sure the early adopters are satisfied. I think that the delivery is calculated to ensure that you take possession of a fully charged vehicle, rather than discharge it somewhat on the journey home.

If you do not have a high rate domestic charger yet, then this seems to me to be a reasonable approach. At worst you are getting your car with zero miles on the clock at home, at best you are saving 30 miles in a taxi or a friend or relative making a 60 mile round trip.

Hi.. that's great thank you for your reassuring words... bmw are also sending a hand over guy from reading (30 miles to me) so will get full handover.. He is also bringing my type 2 cable and tax disc..

I had a polar charger installed a few weeks ago and paid the £95 for upgrade to 7 kw. . Also have economy 7 fitted a month or so ago..

Looking forward to 7th may yeah... and will be posting my experiences lots and on YouTube. ..

We took delivery yesterday. The Siemens men came round at 7:45 to install the charger, and didn't finish until nearly 2pm. We drove round to the dealers and spent a veeeerry long time being instructed in the operation of the car. That's why they'll be sending a chap round to hand over yours. There's a lot to take on board, and there is effectively no manual for the navigation/entertainment/management system. There is a manual of sorts in the unit, but it's not easy to use, and the interface is clearly not designed by Apple. We're still at the stage of experiment when it comes to finding radio stations and storing them in the presets.

Finally in 12 hours I shall be collecting my i3 rex after sitting in the dealer for 2.5 weeks! have already got my BMW connect app working and can see that the car is 94% charged and has done 21km!

I would have collected my i3 earlier but I was waiting on DVLA. I wanted to register the car with my private registration from the outset, unfortunately I could not find my retention certificate so on the 15th April I requested a copy. To this date the copy has not arrived. To complicate matters the dealership wanted to register the car in April so that it meets some sales targets. They were so keen that on Wednesday they rang to offer me a £160 charging cable for free! I declined but asked whether they could halve some credit card fees. they agreed to reduce the charges by half. I asked if i could have both, cable and less fees, they said no, so I declined. Within 3 minutes they rang back and said that they would do both gestures if I registered the car in April, with a 14 plate. I agreed! I have had a return of approximately £435! Interesting that they were prepared to give so much away to meet a target for April?

I am a bit concerned that when I asked about the handover I was told that it is a quick, simple affair, in fact their first one!

Can anyone advise me what I should definitely ask and inspect? Much appreciated.

BoMW said:
Finally in 12 hours I shall be collecting my i3 rex after sitting in the dealer for 2.5 weeks! have already got my BMW connect app working and can see that the car is 94% charged and has done 21km!

I would have collected my i3 earlier but I was waiting on DVLA. I wanted to register the car with my private registration from the outset, unfortunately I could not find my retention certificate so on the 15th April I requested a copy. To this date the copy has not arrived. To complicate matters the dealership wanted to register the car in April so that it meets some sales targets. They were so keen that on Wednesday they rang to offer me a £160 charging cable for free! I declined but asked whether they could halve some credit card fees. they agreed to reduce the charges by half. I asked if i could have both, cable and less fees, they said no, so I declined. Within 3 minutes they rang back and said that they would do both gestures if I registered the car in April, with a 14 plate. I agreed! I have had a return of approximately £435! Interesting that they were prepared to give so much away to meet a target for April?

I am a bit concerned that when I asked about the handover I was told that it is a quick, simple affair, in fact their first one!

Can anyone advise me what I should definitely ask and inspect? Much appreciated.

Hi.. i hope your pick up goes great... how did you get the app working.. i registered a week ago and an still awaiting my call. My i3 arrives at my door in 5 days yee...

noakey said:
BoMW said:

Hi.. i hope your pick up goes great... how did you get the app working.. i registered a week ago and an still awaiting my call. My i3 arrives at my door in 5 days yee...

I reminded the dealer t hat I want it ready to go before handover and last night it camne into action. was sent a sms with username and password. I assume the dealer was involved even though I also registered a week ago.

BoMW said:
I reminded the dealer t hat I want it ready to go before handover and last night it camne into action. was sent a sms with username and password. I assume the dealer was involved even though I also registered a week ago.

How did you guys register for the Connect app? I have it loaded on my iPhone but I assume you needed to register somewhere with your chassis number?

Wonder what happens if you already have a Connected a Drive account on another vehicle. This will get interesting.

Still waiting........
:(

Today while,collecting the car I realised that I still had to log into a bmw app. I have now completely forgotten which one it was, so I apologise for wasting people's time! I'm sure the dealer will remind me tomorrow!

Back