Delivery put back to June!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, read that elsewhere that people ordering this week are being told June delivery. Also that the free pro-nav offer is now stopped and that the US order books aren't opening until January. All of that points towards demand being strong (but all 'internet' info so who knows if true).

Luckily got them to guarantee the 'free' upgrade to pro nav so they will pay even if BMW do charge me, put a deposit down last Saturday so think that's why.

The grant is in place until at least 2015 with Clegg recently making a very positive speech for EV's so you're safe to order for a while yet ;-)

I test drove a Rex on Wednesday at Partridge BMW in Southampton and was told that an order placed earlier in the day had been allocated a May build date...so June delivery would be likely. My Rex has a Feb build date and is due to be delivered on 10th March.

The dealer told me that only vehicles built in Jan/Feb would get the free upgrade to pro-navigation unit

The dealer also recommended the DC charging option (£560) as most of the public charging stations will have this either now or in the future and will enable the vehicle to be charged to 80% in 30 mins

Bunter said:
Ack that's a wait and a bit. Does anyone know the position if the Government decides to pull the grant?

Bill

The risk of the grant being pulled between ordering and delivery lies with the purchaser. The contract will itemise the price without the government grant and the small print makes it clear that if the grant is pulled you have to cough up full whack.

Not an ideal state of affairs and if there's any government wobble of the future of grants it'll effect sales. However, there's not much that BMW and other EV dealers can do about it - it's all in the fickle hands of government and no one wants to hold that risk!

You're also carrying the risk that you are eligible for the grant. A bit naughty that the BMW dealership (Partridge) wasn't able to show me the grant documentation or tell me what the eligibility criteria were when I placed my order.

Sprinty, Bunter, Tommo, welcome to the forum. Please put your location (even if it's just "UK") into your profile so we know the context of your comments.

Back