Does anyone know the paint code for the black paint?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrink13

Even though I have been meticulous in taking care of my car, I received two small stone chips on the black hood. I guess better the hood than the windshield. The dealer was able to find the paint code for the Ionic Silver Metallic (B93), but not for the black paint that is on the hood and I assume the roof and the rear bumper.

Does anyone know the paint code for the black hood and whether any company sells a small amount of touch up paint?

Thank you.

The roof is, or appears to be, unpainted...if you look closely, you can see the fabric pattern - might have a clear coat on it, though. No idea on the hood, sorry. YOu might need to call the i-Team.

Thanks for your reply Jim. I will continue my quest. The hood is definitely painted and the paint appears to be somewhat thin. These two stone chips look as if they could have been made by a small electric drill bit.

Shrink13 said:
Thanks for your reply Jim. I will continue my quest. The hood is definitely painted and the paint appears to be somewhat thin. These two stone chips look as if they could have been made by a small electric drill bit.

Hi,

668 Jet Black, it cost like $26 or $27 and includes both black and clear coat. I have been trying to get my dealer to get me a solar orange touch up for 6 month's and they still claim it is not available yet? Anyone who has been successful with the Orange I would love to hear from you.

mindmachine said:
Shrink13 said:

Hi,

668 Jet Black, it cost like $26 or $27 and includes both black and clear coat. I have been trying to get my dealer to get me a solar orange touch up for 6 month's and they still claim it is not available yet? Anyone who has been successful with the Orange I would love to hear from you.

Has anyone noticed swirl marks on the black bonnet (hood) after only a month or 2 of ownership from new?

Thank you very much for the paint code for jet black.

I found this company on the internet, but I do not know anything about them:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/bmw/2014/i3/

Custom-mixed Touch Up Paint | Call 1-888-710-5192

B91 Solar Orange Metallic

Please let me know what you think of them as I was going to order from them.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back