Drivetrain Malfunction

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffj

Drove to the airport yesterday (80 mile round-trip), REx kicked in with a couple miles left. Came home, plugged in, no issue. About an hour into charging, unplugged, ran to grocery store, came home and plugged in again.

Noticed an error message on my phone a couple of hours later. Charging fault. Went out to look at the car in the garage an charging port was flashing red. Unplugged, plugged back in an won't start charging. Sat in the car, tried to turn the car on and am now getting Drivetrain Malfunction (in Red). Car won't go into Drive. I've let it sit overnight with nothing connected (to effectively let the car sleep), but no joy.

Of course this happens in the middle of a 3-day weekend.

Jeffj said:
Drove to the airport yesterday (80 mile round-trip), REx kicked in with a couple miles left. Came home, plugged in, no issue. About an hour into charging, unplugged, ran to grocery store, came home and plugged in again.

Noticed an error message on my phone a couple of hours later. Charging fault. Went out to look at the car in the garage an charging port was flashing red. Unplugged, plugged back in an won't start charging. Sat in the car, tried to turn the car on and am now getting Drivetrain Malfunction (in Red). Car won't go into Drive. I've let it sit overnight with nothing connected (to effectively let the car sleep), but no joy.

Of course this happens in the middle of a 3-day weekend.

Yikes sorry to hear. Keep us posted when it is repaired.

Back