Ecotricity

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RJSATLBA said:
BoMW said:
Wether by was working fine up until Christmas, the good news is that I used Ferrybridge CCS for the first time today. This station has never worked since switch on last December
That's interesting, I tried it when nearby a few days after taking delivery in mid Oct to see how it worked. It didn't and the helpline confirmed it was down, I've never seen it yellow on the map since and have tested it out a few times when passing without success. But I've seen two different Teslas feeding there!

I'll have to check the diary but last year I used it many times on the way to Perth in Scotland, I think I was also the first to use Washington which literally came on line the day before my trip. Wetherby is now working according to a tweet from ecotricity.

On Saturday I was very disappointed to see Newpoe
Rt Pagnell south not working (CCS). I eventually found out after waiting 10 minutes for a delivery truck to vacate the bay's. Menu was just locked on a charging mode but would request a card to exit this mode. Unfortunately it was not the same card that started the charging process so there was no way of retrieving the start menu.

BoMW said:
Menu was just locked on a charging mode but would request a card to exit this mode. Unfortunately it was not the same card that started the charging process so there was no way of retrieving the start menu.

I experienced a similar the other day and found out by accident that pressing the "confirm" button (button right at the bottom on right / left) took me back to the start of the charging process.

Don't know if that helps.

psquare said:
BoMW said:
Menu was just locked on a charging mode but would request a card to exit this mode. Unfortunately it was not the same card that started the charging process so there was no way of retrieving the start menu.

I experienced a similar the other day and found out by accident that pressing the "confirm" button (button right at the bottom on right / left) took me back to the start of the charging process.

Don't know if that helps.

No this was different, it had the charging screen with the dial, time and power showing but all zero as nothing was connected. It had the one option to stop charge by pressing bottom left or right. When I pressed this it asked to place members card on the reader but then the warning came up saying, not the same card that started the charge and reverted back to the charging screen but again showing zero. Just went around and around. I also tried to reset it by pressing the master off button but that did nothing.

Had an unexpected failure to charge today on my way back home from visiting the folks. Ecotricity at Warrington Ikea was unavailable due to EASTER, thank Christ for having a rex. ;)

jadnashuanh said:
As the batteries get charged, they heat up, so the maximum amperage slows down as requested by the vehicle.
That's not really what is happening. The charge voltage cannot be higher than the fully charged voltage without damaging the cells. As the charge state of the battery gets closer to the full charge state, the difference between charging voltage and what would be the partially charged voltage if the charging was stopped, becomes very small. The small voltage difference results in a small charging current being accepted into the cells. That current continues to decrease as the cells charge state increases.

The only way to increase the charging current of a nearly charged lithium cell would be by applying a damagingly too high charge voltage.

Latest posts

Back