Got my i3!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeimosEV

Hey all, I finally got my i3 and traded in the old LEAF. Today was my first commute. My first observation is the range of the i3 far surpasses the LEAF, which is something I wasn't expecting. I do have a newby question, do you have to pay extra for the i Remote service? The salesman knew all about the car but didn't know anything about the app, which I found a bit strange. Setting up the app for the LEAF was super easy, so I'm surprised how convoluted it seems to be for BMW.

app is free - just download the app from the app store and hit the SOS button in the car to set it up

If the dealer was sharp, he'd have set up the info for you, but as stated, you can do it yourself. You also need to look through the owner's manual, find your ChargeNow cards, and register yourself for that recharging network (many are free).

I downloaded this app but there is no way I can see to set up a user id. Deleted it shortly after since I can't login. There should be a new user feature.

There are different versions of the BMW i Remote app and different set up procedures depending upon the part of the world you're in. Your dealer should have provided instructions. If not, go back to them.

You also might want to add a location to your profile so the answers you get here can be more specific to your situation.

Back