Have you got your build date yet?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atommad

Like the title says, have you got a build slot yet?

Delivery in 2013 is looking increasingly unlikely isn't it?

I don't know when the first cars are turning up but mine was ordered late August and I was advised of a delivery slot of early February. The dealer made it clear that this was very provisional so I wouldn't be surprised if this slipped by a few weeks. I'm in no hurry so that's no problem although ideally I'd like it before 31st March for tax reasons so hopefully it won't slip by more than that (8 weeks).

I recently tweaked my order when I learnt that I'd been confusing Laurus Grey for Arravani Grey (so I've now changed to Laurus) and when I went in this week to sign the updated order my dealer mentioned that there had been initial problems with the computer system that BMW had been using to process the orders although that was now up and running ok. I wasn't sure if this was just a branch specific problem or nationwide.

No word here yet. The dealership originally said "November" - but I was sufficiently aware (via the internet) to recognise this as the ill-informed fantasy that it was. I'd like to think Feb/March - but you do see the words i3 and "Q2 2014" scattered around quite a lot.

I'm not too fussed about the actual timing - but I would like confirmation that I'm at the front of the queue. After all, I've taken a punt ordering a car sight unseen on the day the order book opened - and there's no point being an early adopter if you ain't early!

Hi, I posted this message some time ago - :
I ordered my i3 on the 16th of August and was told by the BMW garage that it would be delivered in November.
Got an email from BMW Customer service yesterday to say "We have yet to receive confirmation of the specific delivery date of the vehicle, however, I can confirm that you should have been advised to expect delivery in early 2014".

Got a call from the garage yesterday to say that they were having an open night on the 4th of October so that people could at least see the car and they hoped to have a demo car around the 16th of November so that people who had placed an order could test drive it.

They also informed me that my car would be delivered in the first quarter of 2014 but could not give a specific date. So that could be anything from January through to April!

Hello Tesla,

Congratulations!

Did you order the BEV? I read that the Rex was not available this year.

If so, i also will probably order a BEV this year to receive all tax- incentives.

Pieke

Hi Piekepuk,

Yes we went for the BEV. At first we were looking at the REx, but it is not going to be delivered in 2013. My wife will be the main driver and at first she had some range anxiety. But she lives 15km from work, can charge there as well and if she ever needs more range, she can take my Tesla or use the add on mobility service. Also her company has 4 company VW-ups, she could use one of them. The only "long trip" she makes is to her parents 75km away. It is doable and she could do a charge there of course. She never goes for a 5 minute visit :)

Good lock with your purchase, I think it is a worthwhile car if your driving habits match the range. In that case the BEV is the way to go!

Tesla said:
We will get ours this year, this was promised and re-confirmed last week. 300 will come to the Netherlands, so far 43 have been sold, one to us :)

Hey, congrats on the order! I've received my NL order number (187) and so am well within the range of deliveries for this calender year in Holland.
What's your order number Tesla?

Hi Chris,

I was at the i3 Lincoln launch but have heard nothing since re: test drives. Commute past grantham every week day! When did you place order?

ecoangel said:
Hi Chris,

I was at the i3 Lincoln launch but have heard nothing since re: test drives. Commute past grantham every week day! When did you place order?

I paid a deposit 24th sept and fully specd it on 9th nov. Sopers do not seem to be on the ball at all so far.

They have not included delivery charge or number plates, or indeed first time reg on my new vehicle contract, they did however include Pro satnav. :D

NOTE:: As of the 28th November Sopers have conceded their mistake and waved the delivery number plates and first time reg charges, and confirmed inclusion of the Pro SatNav. :D

For Belgium, the very first final consumer deliveries are expected for week 4 2014 (BEV version).
At least, this is the official information so far as confirmed on the purchase order I signed on Nov 16th.

If BMW decides to introduce changes due to the EuroNCAP tests, the delivery date would have to be delayed. Personally, I wouldn't mind.

Back