Home Charger - Get it from BMW or ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want the fancy BMW charger check eBay, I recently saw one sell for $620 shipped. Some i3/i8 buyers get them built into their deal and might already have a charger so they sell them.

I'll probably go that Blink Route.

Based upon my experiences with Blink chargers and the Blink network, I would make a special attempt to avoid anything with that name on it. Is Blink the same company that sold EVSE that melted their power cords due to poor engineering and is this the same Blink that is either in bankruptcy or just left it?

Just an FYI, eMotorWerks, which makes the JuiceBox is also working in conjunction with the CPUC for three of the major Electricity suppliers for a PEV Pilot program...if you are in the area, it might be of interest for you to check it out. The JuiceBox would be free to the user. We just signed up, and they are shipping us the watt box to use with our AeroVironment until the Juicebox is UL approved, which should be anytime, now.

http://emotorwerks.com/sg-pilot

Back