i Remote App not updating

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disturbed932

I took delivery yesterday and did the SOS setup call. Problem is the app hasn't updated its status since it was at the dealer. It's been 12 hours and its been sitting at home charging, not fully charged. I tried the update BMW Assist from ConnectedDrive and nothing happens on my app. I tried logging out and logging back in from the app but nothing. Any ideas to get the app to update.?

disturbed932 said:
I took delivery yesterday and did the SOS setup call. Problem is the app hasn't updated its status since it was at the dealer. It's been 12 hours and its been sitting at home charging, not fully charged. I tried the update BMW Assist from ConnectedDrive and nothing happens on my app. I tried logging out and logging back in from the app but nothing. Any ideas to get the app to update.?

Your i3 normally only updates the connect drive database when you power down the car after a journey.

However... when the car is charging, there is normally an apparent continual update. I say apparent a once my app displayed 100% but the car charge had failed and the actual state of charge at the car was 50%.

The connect drive does still have a few issues.

Mine hasn't updated since 5 aug.. its going into service next week to fix.

I seem to recall my dealer saying that you needed to wait 24 hours before doing the SOS registration call. I bet the app starts working for you tomorrow.

Jeff

jgetz said:
I seem to recall my dealer saying that you needed to wait 24 hours before doing the SOS registration call. I bet the app starts working for you tomorrow.
My dealer told me the same when I picked up my i3 Friday. Now, Sunday morning, 48 hours later, still not able to register. Apparently, the 24 hour wait does not include weekends.

It probably does not include weekends! Then, it's possible you have lousy cellphone coverage for the car. I was going to have mine look on-line for something yesterday, but it reported it didn't have any coverage and to try later.

jadnashuanh said:
It probably does not include weekends! Then, it's possible you have lousy cellphone coverage for the car. I was going to have mine look on-line for something yesterday, but it reported it didn't have any coverage and to try later.
My i3 phones the BMW center fine, and uploads the car position and other data, but the operator says they do not yet have the owner info from the dealer yet, so can not yet register me. The problem is the BMW computer network. They did tell me that the emergency services are working and that they will respond to emergencies even before the car is registered.

Yes mine stopped yesterday, the car says it can't connect no cell service. Not sure what the issue is, I have had it in different areas where I've used it trouble free before and good cell service. Course I jinxed myself by stating I had a trouble free i3 lol...

Seeing the same problem here. The app hasn't updated since before we left the dealership two days ago. We've driven it plenty since then.

I had the same problem. The fix for me was to remove the car from the connected drive portal and re add it. This causes a code to be sent to the idrive in the car. You retrieve the code and enter it in the website. Once I did that, everything worked.

Ah. We just got the car back from the dealer. They did a software update overnight, which also fixed it. Maybe it was the same step that did it.

Back