i remote app not working

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recipe0

Is anybody else having trouble logging in to the "i Remote" app? It doesn't recognize my username and password. I am typing them in all caps, and support says I have my name and password right, but it won't let me in. Anybody else having trouble?

I was just able to log out and log back in without any problems.

However, I had a similar issue a few weeks back and they had to reset my account because even though I was using the correct password, the account became locked after three failed attempts.

recipe0 said:
Is anybody else having trouble logging in to the "i Remote" app? It doesn't recognize my username and password. I am typing them in all caps, and support says I have my name and password right, but it won't let me in. Anybody else having trouble?
User names and passwords are typically case-sensitive, so if yours were originally mixed case or lowercase, entering them in uppercase could prevent you from logging in. Unlike what some have suggested, user names and passwords don't need to be uppercase (mine aren't and I can log in).

If iConcierge has reset your account, they have probably reset your password. They reset my password and those of others to "1111" before I called them again to change my password (why can't we change our passwords within iRemote?). So you might give "1111" a try.

Hey, thanks Art! Your post inspired me to try one more time with the app. Despite what everybody at BMW said, my password had to be all lower case. So, the email is all caps, the password is all lower case. That got me in.

Now I have to make sure they don't reset me again once the engineers get my troubleshooting ticket.

The problem with having such a new car model is that the experts aren't all that expert.

Thanks, again!

The app update from the first week of April times out constantly requiring you to retype username/password and select a new pin each time. Also noticed it randomly reverts the units to km/hr when set to mph.

The part about the username/email needing to be all caps, they're probably reading from a script b/c it can be entered lower case.

GranTourer said:
The app update from the first week of April times out constantly requiring you to retype username/password and select a new pin each time. Also noticed it randomly reverts the units to km/hr when set to mph.

The part about the username/email needing to be all caps, they're probably reading from a script b/c it can be entered lower case.

I was having this problem on my iPhone until I removed touch ID and just entered the PIN manually each time.

getakey said:
just got the app - pretty cool, but where is all that data being stored and what other data are they collecting?
Most BMW's for quite awhile have had a cellular connection, and they could be gathering all sorts of use pattern information from their cars! As far as I know, it is anonymous, and not linked to you specifically, but consider they can tell where the car is at any time from the gps and or cell signal, and know if you've had an accident from the car's sensors.

GranTourer said:

I was experiencing this once I got an Apple Watch - I think I have managed to work out what was causing it though. If I put my watch on in the morning and tried to check the BMW app on the watch before using the BMW app on the phone then I wouldn't get a status update and when I subsequently checked the phone app I would have to re enter the username/password and reset my unit preferences. However, if I opened the phone app first (via Touch ID) then I wouldn't have the session logout and I could then check the watch app as many times as I wanted with correct status updating, as long as I already had my watch on when I first opened the app on my phone. I think it is something to do with the interaction between Touch ID and the watch "remain authenticated while being worn" functionality.

I.e. the watch provides the equivalent of Touch ID for watch apps, as long as you have used Touch ID on the phone version of the app at least once with the watch already on your wrist. This authentication will remain in place until you take the watch off. If that makes sense?

GlasgowSi said:
I.e. the watch provides the equivalent of Touch ID for watch apps, as long as you have used Touch ID on the phone version of the app at least once with the watch already on your wrist. This authentication will remain in place until you take the watch off. If that makes sense?

Yes, that does seem to make sense and I'll use your solution when my Watch arrives in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for working that out!

Scratch that - just had the session time out after using it ok earlier today! Will try turning off Touch ID for the phone app as suggested to see if that solves it for now.

mine was stuck in a mode where it wouldn't update either... another system was that it wasn't able to get online using the BMW Online menu... that tells me that the wireless radio wasn't able to sign into the towers or something... I figure as a last ditch effort I'd hit the SOS button forcing it to try a voice connection; that did the trick. as soon as the call started ringning my app's information started updating again.

Back