i3 CFRP Life Module and assorted body pieces (roof,hood,etc)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carperson1

Was wondering about the i3's Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic life module and assorted body parts (hood, roof, etc) and how it would sand up to Arizona's summer heat. Would this type of material warp, sag, or deform over time being exposed to these high temps?
Also, does anyone know when the sunroof option is going to become avaliable here in the US?
Thanks

It was posted here earlier that until DOT changes their rollover standards the sunroof will not be coming here. US DOT requires that there be a steel structure surrounding the sunroof opening as opposed to the CFRP structure that BMW use. Just like restricting the operators control over ReX operation, this is another way that US cars are kept less than fully capable due to outdated regulations.

The i8 and the i3 will be sold in the Gulf countries, I am sure that hot weather testing was part of the plan..... I have been in both places and Arizona is no hotter than Arabia, probably a bit cooler.

Latest posts

Back