i3 driver seat belt. How many have this?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjjhr

Dear all, my untwistable drivers side belt has been faulty since I bought the car second hand. How many have this? I'm wondering if it's a factory-fitted issued and I'd like to get a dealer to sort it but need some ammo. Thanks in advance.
ylzf7kzbx

I'm not confident that I understand what you mean by an "untwistable" seat belt.

Several i3 owners have reported seat belts that have twisted abnormally when the belt is put on or taken off. I think these problems were resolved by opening up the rear door panel so that the seat belt reel could be twisted to untwist the belt.

I haven't had this problem, so I am not able to describe the problem and solution well. Maybe someone who has had this problem will respond more clearly.

Thanks for your reply. I meant to say un-untwistable, ie when exiting straight from the rear door feeder, the belt is twisted by the time it reaches the Torx bolt at the bottom. I can't untwist it through the feeder, because it would then foul on the roller. I can't untwist it at the bottom without taking off the Torx bolt.

sjjhr said:
Thanks for your reply. I meant to say un-untwistable, ie when exiting straight from the rear door feeder, the belt is twisted by the time it reaches the Torx bolt at the bottom. I can't untwist it through the feeder, because it would then foul on the roller. I can't untwist it at the bottom without taking off the Torx bolt.
Yeah, that's the problem that several i3 owners have reported. The dealer can and should fix it under warranty.

Search this forum for "twisted seat belt" to find other threads discussing the same problem.

Back