I3 Tyre Inflators

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hengus

Within I3REx on order, I am going through my list of things to think about. I assume that tyre pressure management is more important on an I3 than on an ICE. I am thinking here of range not safety.

I have a 12 volt tyre inflator that I use on my F11. Is it safe to use it with an I3? Which socket will take what I believe is up to a 10 amp load? Is the BMW mobility kit suitable for tyre inflation (without the sealant of course)? I only ask because my present inflator is sounding a little bit tired.

Not sure what is standard in the UK, but in the US, the tire inflator that comes with the car can be easily used without the sealant tank. I've used mine 2 or 3 times to adjust tire pressures to account for the wild temp swings that we have. I just plugged it into the 12v connector in the center console and never thought about it. I've used it with the car both plugged in and not plugged in and have not had any issues.

Thanks. I use the cigarette lighter socket in my F11 and occasionally the car's computer dumps all non-essential consumer electronics.

The UK I3 version comes with the pump and sealant car kit so it is good to know that it can be used to adjust tyre (tire) pressures.

Back