Interior hazard button stays lit?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinball

So my car in in my garage charging. Doors are locked and it's dark in there. I noticed the interior hazard "triangle" button is illuminated as are the back lights for the headlight controls. All other interior lights are off.

I check again 20 minutes later and they are still on. Is this normal? Do they ever turn off?

Never really noticed. At low intensity, an LED could probably go over a decade on the i3's battery capacity. It's not like it is a high output, multi-watt lamp that would blind you and suck up electrons.

It may change if you take it off the EVSE. Just haven't tried.

I've noticed the lights on when charging but I haven't paid attention over time. Will check and report next chance I get.

Oh I'm not worried about battery use, just want to make sure there's not some other issue that would cause these lights to stay on. It may be for convenience? Doesn't make a lot of sense though if the car is locked with the motion alarm on!

I've noticed this, also. I'm pretty certain that they turn off eventually, especially if one isn't charging, but I don't know whether they stay on during charging (why should they?). These lights remaining illuminated isn't an indication of a problem other than BMW's rather inscrutable design decisions.

Back