Interior lights

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

I have seen a couple of posts now where the i3 lights up blue when locked (or unlocked?). Is this standard on all i3s?

It is standard on the 3 different interior upgrades loft logde and suit for EU

Not only in the roof, but also in the interior Doors and doorhandles outside. The lamps in the interior can be adjusted in brightness and colors

Has nothing to do with the led options in the lights.

and you can tell if your car has it or not by selecting night mode in the configurator.

BMWi3RexNL said:
It is standard on the 3 different interior upgrades loft logde and suit for EU

Does that mean it's not standard on the 'standard' interior? That's the one I have ordered.

That's rather annoying as it's not mentioned at all on the BMW UK website or in the i3 brochures. Where did you get this information?

I have heard it from BMW Netherlands, the one who imports the i3.

It is correct, it is not in the brochure of price list. In the new german price list it is mentioned "ambiente beleuchtung" see https://www.bmw.de/de/neufahrzeuge/bmw-i/i3/2013/fakten.html#katalog

regards

I remember someone (maybe here ?) asking why the door handles light up in night mode on the configurator for some specs but not all and the reason was explained so I knew about it when I ordered. It's another example of BMW not explaining everything in the brochure though.

Plug said:
It's another example of BMW not explaining everything in the brochure though.

+1
The general lack of data on a lot of options is quite strange/annoying indeed.
Other example : I did order the Adaptive Led Lights (5A2). I'm very happy with it; they are extremely effective. But I have no idea about how they work, what their limits are, how to optimise my use of them, etc.
I did find some videos on YouTube about Adaptive Lights on other BMW models, but they seems to work differently on the i3.

Look here - http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=437&start=90

This is what I have confirmed from BMW:
Adaptiv headlights is adjusted up and down and automatically in relation to left and right driving (ie. UK and rest of Europe). They will also change width and range compared to speed and lighting conditions. They will NOT adjust the width when you are making a turn - or light up around corners. But, because of a lower speed they will already have a wider light patern, then when you drive 80km/h where they throw more light forward. This means that you dont see the changes so easily as with other adaptive systems.

Ross said:
Bit gutted to be honest! Too late to change my spec.

+1 !
Would have upgraded from the standard interior if in the know that this does not feature the ambient light. Assumed this to be part of the LED option.

A bit annoyed, but to be honest I like the standard interior best, would not want to pay £1000 plus for some LEDS and an interior that will not survive my kids!

It is annoying how poor the info BMW is sending out, no mention at all on the UK website or print.
Nearly missed getting heat pump due to vague and misleading spec.

I agree about the standard interior. I ordered my REX with it as I liked the look of it. I would certainly not pay the extra just to get some extra LEDs, in fact I’m surprised that people seem to think so much of the internal lighting.

My Z4 has a similar lighting package and to be frank I doubt I ever pay any attention to it!

Yss, I do like the std interior too but would have liked the option of ordering the ambient lighting package. I have it in my M3 and I do like it.

I agree Ross, it would have been nice to know about the lights! Or even have them as an option.
It is totally missing from any UK literature. The iGenius never mentioned it when we were talking about interiors either.

Slightly miffed but I can take it!

What words start with i ?

intelligent?
ignorant?
illiterate?
ignominy?
ill-informed?

;) Sorry to any i's out there, I know it's not your fault.

Back