Internet and hotspot

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themass31

We opted for the internet package thinking this would give us a hotspot to but I am now discovering that I might have to buy a LTE for this to happen is that correct.
Craig

The hotspot also requires "6NS Enhanced BT + App Prep" it connects into the armrest. Its not a build to order option, you can get it for any BMW with the armrest dock - last time I checked it was also bonkers expensive too.

Why don't you go for a MiFi look alike approach? http://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/gallery?search=%3Abest-sellers%3ASpeed%3ADouble%20speed%204G&bundleNo=-1
At least it's more cost efficient and it will allow you to follow the latest wireless technologies. Soon all carriers will upgrade their LTE network to LTE advanced bundling different frequency bands enabling higher throughputs and better coverage. Car manufacturers are by default always slow in adapting new consumer technologies, so quite soon you will be stuck with an outdated LTE hotspot/stick.

Back