Internet option

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themass31

My internet on the car is registered in Germany so google thinks I am German and so does any other website, phoned bmw several times with answer on how to change to UK.
Craig

It probably is due to BMW's internet gateway, not where your car was registered. My car is through a local dealer, but Google thinks I am in California. Tried to find a nearby restaurant or Starbucks needs a lot of keying. The Internet access is a weak area for the i3.

When I got my i3 a few weeks back, the uk "connected drive" site wasn't accepting registrations.

In order to get remote access I configured my car against the german site. Worked a treat for remote lock/unlock/preconditioning/range etc.. and whilst over half of the connected drive menus were in english, some of the lesser (?) used ones were in german! email for example

Once the UK site came back I deregistered from germany, and registered there. After a short while (10-20 mins?) my menus in the car were all back in English......

May help!
Nigel.

Back