iOS 8.1 - iDrive Office

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackt

Was surprised to see my text messages appear under Office > Messages this morning - looks like its only new notifications, and I haven't seen email work yet.

Only change is iOS 8.1 - I am running 2.045 iDrive update.

Hi Jack,

(new-) message relaying was working with the previous IOS, but you had to switch it on in the BT menu of your iPhone. It looks like BT relaying is on by default now.

Regards, Steven

Stevei3 said:
Hi Jack,

(new-) message relaying was working with the previous IOS, but you had to switch it on in the BT menu of your iPhone. It looks like BT relaying is on by default now.

Regards, Steven

Are you saying that you now have SMS facility on the screen without having the enhanced bluetooth option?

I never had it working before even though it was switched on in the System Preferences on my Phone... I have enhanced BT so I can't comment about standard BT.

There was this post earlier in the year to configure your iPhone messages but only if you have enhanced BT

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=938&p=7042&hilit=Bluetooth#p7042

Back