BMW i3 running REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

I am looking to buy a 2017 i3 REx and was surprised to see the REx started up. It turns out the battery shows no charge yet it obviously cranked over the engine. It ain’t dead but could be close to damaged.

In the morning, we will put it on an L2 charger and see if it takes a charge in an hour or so. Sad to say, I did not bring an OBD dongle. The Toyota dealer is nice but not terribly informed about BMW i3-REx technology.

I am in Palm Beach looking at a 2017 BMW i3-REx, ~55,000 miles. Attractive price but unusual state to have REx kick off so fast and run. Vehicle moves and REx operates as expected on a very low battery.

Bob Wilson

They can use the next door Nissan L2 or any of the local EVSE to throw a charge on the car::
  • No charge going in - I have to walk away. There may be battery capacity but no way to measure.
  • Charge goes in but disappears. I have to find out if BMW will honor any part of their warranty.
  • Prorate charge capacity vs ~25 kWh (actually 27 kWh) to value battery.

Bob Wilson

Back