iPad on Passenger Seat : Seat Belt Alarm

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiloWatts

Anyone else find that you can't leave personal items on the passenger seat without setting off the seat belt alarm?

Anything heavier than an iPad sets off the seat belt alarm. I've got the iPad 4. Perhaps I need to get an iPad Air instead so I don't set off the seat belt alarm, otherwise I'll have to leave my personal items on the floor.

Suggestions welcome. I'm not looking for BMW to buy back my BMW like the class action suit guy.

Anyway the seats seems overly sensitive.

I have not seen it on my i3 but i have seen the issue on other BMW cars and on MINI's. The passanger weight sensor gets very sensitive and even with a little bit of weight it thinks someone is sitting in the passenger seat and sets off the seat belt alarms when the car is moving.

Most of the time when driving solo my passenger seat is clear, the exception is when I'm travelling long distance and might have a few CDs there (which will be a thing of the past in the i3) and my iPad mini in case the road is blocked and I want to be able to look at a map as well as what the SatNav says. If I find that triggers the seat belt warning I'll fasten it.

Back