iRemote for iOS occasionally does alerts of charging status?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnort

I just had an alert on my phone this morning about my charge about to complete, but this almost never happens (like this is the first time I remember it happening, though there was another time before I saw a (1) on the app icon that I wasn't sure how or what caused it)

Anybody have any clue what might govern whether this happens or not? I mean, I LIKE that it happened, but it happens so rarely I assumed the app didn't actually support anything.

Now, if I could get an SMS instead, so I didn't have to launch the app and have it running in the background, that would be even better....

I get same on my phone and Apple Watch. No real rhyme or reason but it seems to be as it approaches completing charging. Fine to get the information, just wish I knew what triggered it.

I am experiencing the same thing with an iPhone, probably twice.

The strange thing is...it tells you the car is 77% (or some random number) charging complete. What's the point of telling me it's only 77%, why not at 100%?

YOu may have had a power glitch. SOme EVSE's won't restart if plugged in when that happens, some will. If it happened at 77%, but when you went to the car, it was fully charged, yours can restart. If it didn't, your EVSE is not ideal for intermittent power connections. They are not all created equal.

I have the iRemote app installed on an Android phone and mine started doing this recently too. The app hasn't been updated because I haven't seen an update for it since installing. This just randomly started happening a few months ago, nothing changed that I'm aware of since it started.

I agree that it would be nice if the app triggered a notification upon charge completion. Another nice feature would be a notification when the car alarm has been activated.

Back