iRemote stop/start charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSATLBA

After almost 4 weeks I think I've managed to work most things out on the iRemote app although I share the views of another poster that (my words not his/hers) it's very much trial and error.

However the BMW UK website at http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owners/mobileapplications/mobile-applications.html#Apple has a bullet under the i Remote detail which says:

•Start charging, stop charging or program charging based on departure times

but I can't see any direct way to start and stop charging remotely. Am I missing something obvious?

Also, as others have reported, the off-peak functionality is at best unpredictable and at worst unreliable or simply broken.

There isn't a way to start stop charge remotely, I think this was one of the things hinted at for the New Year update.

I have cowboy fixed it in certain situations by setting off-peak time for later than current time, which pauses charging temporarily.

I have never had problems with off-peak, do you use pre-conditioning too? I have never used it without preconditioning...

Yes Jackt, I've fudged it with off-peak and departure times too but I'm trying to use off-peak to charge when my PVs might be generating a surplus if the weather is favourable, which is a fairly narrow window at best here at this time of year as you will know, especially as I don't face due South.

I'll have to keep a record of settings v outcomes but I'm pretty sure I've had occasions when it has started charging outside the off-peak setting despite being above 30% and also failed to start at all a couple of days ago until I unlocked and re-locked, similar to other reports.

The ability to force charging on or off remotely would be good because I'm finding that there seem to be too many situations in which it will always try to charge to 100%, given enough time and charge rate, whereas I'd prefer to stop the charge until the next day if it is sufficient for now, especially if it would be continuing to charge when there is no longer a surplus from the PVs, then needing very little the next day and leaving a surplus unused. Financially it's trivial though.

Also, that would enable me to leave it plugged in but not charging, ready to pre-con whenever I might want to use it.

Back