Mileage from new

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Since my car died after a week and around 200 miles - I'm a little nervous.

I would be interested to know, and I guess others would, what's the maximum total mileage people have covered without problems?

Hi Jeremy,

our first (non critical ?) drivetrain error messages (= software?) popped up after ca. 6000km (3700mi). Everything else seems to be working fine though...

Regards, Steven

I think I got to around 1500 miles before I got the "drivetrain issue (but don't worry)" message. Which vanished and I've not had it looked at. Currently at around 1800 miles.

Mine had 920 miles on the clock before the drivetrain issue. No other issues and I have most boxes ticked so there is plenty to do wrong. I actually expected the odd issue as early adopters are beta testers however well prepared the product. I think most of us would accept the odd glitch as long as the service is their to support us when it goes wrong. If you look at the investment BMW have put into the i brand, the cost to look after a handful of unlucky people in the early days whilst a few bugs are around is trivial.

I am now at 300km, I have experienced the Traffic Assistant / Active Cruise Control aborting due to "reaching system boundaries". what ever that is...

Drive train issues I haven't seen.

Just wonder if these issues are down to our atrocious road surfaces compared with smooth Teutonic pavements. The rear door latch sensors maybe are rattled and come on even when door shut? Are there perhaps some sensors that get triggered by a big jolt?

Back