Mpg readout?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMW says around 34mpg, if I remember correctly...not great, but again, it was designed as an emergency backup on a primarily electric vehicle. Yes, some use it as an unlimited range vehicle, and you can, but it's much more efficient if you can charge from the wall rather than the REx.

Keep in mind that on the Euro version, with the larger fuel tank, it was said to about double the electric range, so figure about 80miles/2.4gallons.

The REx can run at varying output levels, so depending on how much you are asking of it, at higher output levels, it will use more fuel...lower levels, less. IOW, 75mph verses 65mph would make a big difference, especially if you threw in a hill or two along the way.

PhilH said:
I get about 50 mpg in UK spec gallons, running on dual carriageway ay 60 mph.
Me too, had an unwelcome opportunity to check it on Boxing Day when I repeatedly encountered u/s chargers so ended up doing the whole of a two day 286 mile round trip on petrol after I ran out of battery at 66 miles. Averaged a whisker over 50mpg, probably 80% on motorway with cruise at 62mph, EcoPro, temp between -1C and +5C, and 7 starts, two from fully cold, sub-zero and iced up. Pleasantly surprised.

Back