Navigation and 3D

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMW4Me

I have the navigation set as perspective with 3D. Sometimes I'll see the surrounding buildings, while other times I do not. Any idea on what controls this?

It's the data the system has for the area. A lot of Europe is covered, and major metros in the US are covered, but suburbs are not.

So if you're in the California Bay Area, for example, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, etc... don't have buildings, but when you get up to San Francisco, suddenly all the buildings start popping up.

Some buildings are actually proper representations of the buildings. For example the football club near work looks just like the real thing including the football club logo.

Is that Reading? Drove past yesterday in Nav 2D in my 5 series and it showed a plan view picture of the Madjeski stadium complete with pitch markings.

Seeing as I have not done an update manually it must have fed that over the air.....(like Tesla ;-) ).....as it was not there before!

Back