new i3 rex owner. have a question about i remote app

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divinefavor

hi. i just got my i3 and i love it.

i installed i remote app, and the first screen asks me username and password, but i don't see how i can register for the first time. can anyone help me?

Registering for BMW ConnectedDrive was part of taking delivery of the car and has to be initiated by your car dealer (as far as I know). I think you need to speak to your BMW i dealership for this.

No dealer is needed. You just need the VIN and registration and, in the UK, it can be done on line. Register and BMW will send you an e-mail with your log in details within a couple of days. I did it on Sunday for an I3 that I am taking ownership of this coming Monday. Once you have your log in details, you then enter them into the remote app and into IDrive in the car.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/connecteddrive/2013/customer_portal/index.html

Just checked IRemote and, to my great surprise, the app is showing that the car is currently on charge at the dealer. Best I go and collect it on Monday. They need to fuel the tank though as it is only showing 1/3 full! :D

when i got to bmw connected drive website, i don't see US as option among all available countries/regions. what could be wrong?

also, bmw salesman sent me username/pass for me to use, and when i type those into i remote app, it tells me there's no i3 registered and that i have to register i3. and it does not tell me where to register.

how difficult should this be? jeez.

Hengus said:
Just checked IRemote and, to my great surprise, the app is showing that the car is currently on charge at the dealer. Best I go and collect it on Monday. They need to fuel the tank though as it is only showing 1/3 full! :D

Press the help button in the car, setup that portion when they answer, and you should also be able to get the info you need to access the app and your car as well. If you want to see the location of your car in the app, you have to turn on that in the menus in the car.

yeah i eventually figured out that i had to press that sos button to set up things. how absurd.
i3 remote app is nearly useless. hopefully they will update the app soon.

Why do you say the remote app is useless? Yes it could have more features and statistics, but I love the preconditioning feature and have benefitted from the remote locking function on several occasions, saving me having to fet out of my lovely,'warm bed.

Probably the biggest deficiency of the iRemote app is that it has no help or explanation on how to use it. There are features in it that you just have to find and trial and error is intolerable for some people, and an annoyance for most.

I followed that link to bmw but there was no registration just log in thought I would give it ago as ours gets delivered Thursday

Back