New year resolutions... For BMW

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3cam

Any suggestions? Here are some for starters

1. 3 phase built in charger (like Zoe). UK has a lot of 3 phase capable chargers, and 22Kw (say) is massively better than 7... No combo chargers exist here.

2. Clarity on cabin pre heating

3. Less complexity with options, e.g. heat pump, and why can't I get driving assistant with standard interior!!!

Yeah, here's some more!

1. Fast DC charge preparation should be made standard on non-REX model - seems like something everyone should be adding regardless.

2. More clarity regarding the headlights - had no idea the standard ones weren't LED until it was too late.

3. A Windows Phone remote app.

1. Additional batteries instead of REx.

2. Additional batteries instead of REx.

3. Additional batteries instead of REx.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh:

4. Heated steering wheel.

woof said:
1. Additional batteries instead of REx.

2. Additional batteries instead of REx.

3. Additional batteries instead of REx.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh:

4. Heated steering wheel.

+1, Like!

oldbillygoat said:
For me it is "Heated Steering Wheel" and "Power Seats" with memory for a two driver setup. What are BMW thinking?

Heated steering wheel is easily fixed with gloves in the winter ;)

Power seats doesn't really bother me as I'm the only driver. It's a very nice idea though!

oldbillygoat said:
(the i3 is lacking) "Power Seats" with memory for a two driver setup. What are BMW thinking?

No kidding. This is one of the problems that made it into my short "WTF?" list:

"Power seats aren't even available as an option. It takes me forever to get the seat adjusted just right, and thus I really want the memory function of the power seats so I can put it back the way I like it after someone else has driven the car (spouse, mechanic, etc.). A car that approaches $50,000 when loaded with options should offer power seats as one of those options. And don't try to tell me that it's left out for energy saving reasons, that's simply nonsense. I'll buy the weight savings argument, but still, this should be an option."

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-first-volt-owner-in-georgia.html

(of course now I know that the i3 actually goes well past $50,000 when loaded with options :) )

Back