Only Tera trim for USA for 1st 3 months?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called my dealer today to see if I had a production number and he confirmed that all units shipped to them the first 90 days will be loaded up to a cost in the $52,000 range (non-rex). He said that they are going to go ahead and bring some in and think they will sell them off right away. I will wait for what I want and be happy when it arrives.

That is what I understand. I ordered mine a week ago today, and it actually turned out to be a good thing. The deal that I had originally worked out for a three year lease left me with a payment that was far too high! I was reluctantly going through my configuration changing trim lines and shaving off options in order to try to bring the price down. My dealer worked out a deal with me using Owner's Choice financing on a Tera with all of the bells and whistles for a very affordable monthly payment!
For me, the Tera was the most desirable of all of the trim levels and I'm really glad that we could work that out.
For me it was the difference between having to pay too much for a stripped down i3 and getting the one that I really wanted and still being able to afford to eat!
Good luck,
Steven

Hi guys,I visited my local dealer today and was told I am the first to inquire about the i3.They have two launch cars scheduled in May,one with everything except the 20" sport wheels,list 54,725 and one with the rex,Giga,sport wheels and heated seats,list $50,025.Also they both have the metallic paint.This dispells the rumor,all launch cars are fully loaded.

larryb said:
Hi guys,I visited my local dealer today and was told I am the first to inquire about the i3.They have two launch cars scheduled in May,one with everything except the 20" sport wheels,list 54,725 and one with the rex,Giga,sport wheels and heated seats,list $50,025.Also they both have the metallic paint.This dispells the rumor,all launch cars are fully loaded.

That is consistent with what has been talked about before. The cars are loaded except for the ability to choose rex or BEV, regular or sport wheels and the color of metallic paint.

DHP said:
larryb said:

That is consistent with what has been talked about before. The cars are loaded except for the ability to choose rex or BEV, regular or sport wheels and the color of metallic paint.
No, he said Giga, not Tera, plus sport wheels and heated seats, list $50,025. No other options.

Larryb, was that for May delivery or May build?

While visitiing my local dealer yesterday, I read an internal BMW bulletin (dated Friday 2/21) that stated US dealers will be receiving AT LEAST ONE (large volume dealers may receive more than one) i3 launch edition with the Giga World trim in an attempt to have a little more variety. It would appear a Giga World car loaded with all options except 20s (or most options) will show up alongside a loaded Tera World car.

My client advisor pulled up some of the i3 related bulletins and showed them to me. I tried to get a printout but couldn't get it.

For those of you like me who don't want the darker, all-leather Tera trim, there is hope for you yet!

We were also able to modify my order to go from Tera to Giga. Not sure why it was showing Tera since I specified Giga from the very beginning. It is a non-Electronaut customer spec i3 due to be built next week (Week 10).....but I am guessing production will probably move to the right.

Mike74jcw said:
We were also able to modify my order to go from Tera to Giga. Not sure why it was showing Tera since I specified Giga from the very beginning. It is a non-Electronaut customer spec i3 due to be built next week (Week 10).....but I am guessing production will probably move to the right.

Mike: care to share your production number?

Hwy1rnr said:
Mike: care to share your production number?

I don't have one yet. From my order sheet:

Priority Code: 1 - Customer Sold
Req. Prod: 2014/03/10
(Week 10 which is March 3-7)

The translation for this is "right now there is no guaranteed allocation and production date for your order; we will fit you in when we have free capacity". When BMW gives my dealer a build slot, my order will move to Status: 111 at which time I will get a production number.

From what I could tell from the order bank thanks to my CA, it looks like ~6 to 10 total i3 (BEV and REx) will be built for my area between March and May. Whether any of these i3 will come close to matching my specs, I am not sure. Looks like they cannot be modified (BMW outfitted "launch configuration").

Based on the bulletin I read, it sounds like most of them will have the Tera World trim with maybe 1 or 2 featuring the Giga World trim.

Yes!! :D :D :D

OxZ7TsR.jpg

Congrats, iczer!

So this is the launch package, fully loaded, except Giga instead of Tera, right?

For me, even if I could get Giga, it still doesn't ring my chimes. DC fast charger is useless, especially with REx aka "gas station even faster charger". :)

And I don't need premium sound either.

toolworker said:
Congrats, iczer!

So this is the launch package, fully loaded, except Giga instead of Tera, right?

For me, even if I could get Giga, it still doesn't ring my chimes. DC fast charger is useless, especially with REx aka "gas station even faster charger". :)

And I don't need premium sound either.

Thanks! Debated the DC fast charger for a bit but since the i3 is for business use for my sales team, they can recharge around here (Silicon Valley). Most of our customers have charging stations in their parking lots :)

iczer34 said:

congrat ICZER34. Are you plan to install a 240V charging station from BOSCH? I order i3 through BMW Stevens Creek and the car hasn't begin production (#0607861).

tmph said:
congrat ICZER34. Are you plan to install a 240V charging station from BOSCH? I order i3 through BMW Stevens Creek and the car hasn't begin production (#0607861).

What is your experience ordering via BMW Stevens Creek?

I placed an order via BMW of Mountain View early February, and until now they haven't been responding to my emails, let alone giving me updates on the status of my order. I wonder if the Stevens Creek is more responsive to its clients.

Although I can't get into too much detail (pinky swear!), my CA was able to pull some strings with BMW :) It was not through a local Bay Area dealer.

My CA provided a status and it had some random dates but the build is scheduled to be completed by 3/7. Hopefully I'll get it by mid-April!

Back