Possible major failure.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I33t said:
PDXelectric said:
Hi,

I am back and running. Apparently, there was a recent software update to address this issue. The 12V battery was depleted. I can post the details and version of the software if anybody is interested. I would recommend that everybody call their dealer and check up on this.

I'm interested. I picked the car up recently and the ervice guy said they'd be in touch because there is an update on the way.

Here are the details from my service sheet:

Performed energy diagnosis test plan, 12V battery had dropped to 32% charge. Referenced SI B61 39 14. Programmed and encoded complete vehicle to I-Level I001-15-07-501.

Cool, thanks. 32% sounds a bit risky!

I've had a 12v battery warning a couple of times but it went away. I wonder if this is the issue. Did you see any 12v battery warnings?

I33t said:
Cool, thanks. 32% sounds a bit risky!

I've had a 12v battery warning a couple of times but it went away. I wonder if this is the issue. Did you see any 12v battery warnings?

No. There was no warning before vehicle failure. The only unusual activity I had was parking it for 4 days prior.

Back