Professional media pack option

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molybdenum99

Any input on advantages of professional media pack (in UK). Apart from bigger screen, how much extra functionality is there? Do people feel it's worth the extra? Thanks.

Different markets may offer different features, but it makes split screen more usable (not sure it is even available on the Business nav), in the USA, it also includes real-time traffic. The description for the UK on the options would need to be read very carefully to see what applies there.

I upgraded mine to Professional after ordering it with the standard screen and I am glad I did. Main advantages I have found are:
  • split screen works well with Sat Nav
    larger map views
    Traffic Live updates are usually better and more reliable than Google Maps Live Traffic
    allows you to use Online Widgets like IFTTT (Lab Apps not fully fledged yet though)

I also added the parking assist pack, which made sense for us. In comparison, I am glad I didn't go for the HK upgrade or any other interior stuff.

Hope this helps.

I'm another UK owner who after a bit of dithering (it is quite a costly option) bit the bullet and went for the Prof Media Pack. Pleased I did for the reasons psquare has said plus it really lifts the interior ambience - the standard screen looks cheap in a larger housing.

Just order my new i3 and I was also really hesitating cause of the price. But I must say that (even though I didn't receive the car yet) the look of it is just a must have. The small one looks ridiculous because of the big greyish borders on each side. I tried the i3 a couple of times before purchase and the maps looks great and the split screen is really handy.

And on the contrary that has been said on the previous post, I do not regret that I also picked the H&K upgrade :p

Edit: and btw, after the tesla Pad, that is the best screen in the electric (or not even electric) automobile industry (definition and contrat are just excellent).

I have the feeling that we just made you spent an extra thousand ...

Just a little info that we didn't mentionned: it comes with the bigger wheel / pad to control it which looks nicer and propose the touch thing to write (draw) letters on top of it.

Don't know if it's really useful but still nice to have.

PS: in France, real time traffic comes as optionnal. It has nothing to do with the professionnal package.

Back