Recent Purchase Prices

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeaky

I'm looking at buying an i3 BEV and am having difficulty finding out what dealers are actually charging for the cars. The $5,500 lease credit and $2,000 rebate from BMW really confuse the issue for people, it seems. For a lease, what was the capital cost, not the payment, exclusive of the BMW credit and rebate? TrueCar showed $4,000 off of a BEV car listing at $50,000. Is this the best deal, or have people been getting $7,500 out of the dealers? Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. Here in Chicago, the BEVs are nearly toxic given the cold winters affecting driving range. I did notice some unscrupulous dealers (Baron BMW in KC) that were advertising low pricing with the lease incentive attached as an advertised price reduction. They quickly changed their ads to reflect that their advertised price included the BMW lease incentive, making their pricing only average.

However, I've received several quotes reflecting 15% off before any incentives or tax credits/rebates. I would figure that advertised price can include the $2000 innovations credit, as that can be part of the total real discount, but the lease incentive only (partially) replaces the tax credit you'd get for Uncle Sam with a purchase. I haven't pulled the trigger as I think that I can get even more of a discount, and truly, I wouldn't buy without a substantial further discount.

Look at some of the inventory in Chicago, especially at Bill Jacobs and Elmhurst for a good idea of some low advertised (and real) prices. For example, there's a ionic Tera BEV with both packages, heated seats, quick Charge, and HK for 42.6K reflecting over 8K off advertised, and I suspect more could be negotiated. Without taxes and registration, thats a net 30K with Illinois/federal incentives and BMWCCA rebate.

^ will be getting my i3 rex with an MSRP of $53950 for $45650 before tax incentives, thats almost 15 1/2 % below MSRP!

Not sure about BMW, but with other dealers percentage discounts under msrp are significantly influenced by whether you are financing or paying cash. Usually one of the first things the salesperson finds out about you. It would be interesting when quoting discounts if folks would also indicate if they financed or paid cash, ie., "I got a 15% discount and a finance rate of XXX" vs "I got a 15% discount and paid cash".

I've purchased cars before where I got a great discount because I said I was financing through the dealer, then walked across the street and paid off the loan before the 1st payment was due.

Sledge

'14 Giga Rex, all options but the bigger wheels.
Maryland owner

Back