Remember last driving mode not working

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RExingIT

I'm currently the only person who uses my i3. It's not remember the last driving mode I set it in. I generally set it to Eco Pro+. I've tried switching to a different profile, still no dice.

I called the BMW Genius line and they couldn't figure it out either. Is there maybe a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,

RExingIT said:
I'm currently the only person who uses my i3. It's not remember the last driving mode I set it in. I generally set it to Eco Pro+. I've tried switching to a different profile, still no dice.

I called the BMW Genius line and they couldn't figure it out either. Is there maybe a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mine doesn't remember the mode either, always goes to Comfort.

All i3's behave this way. This behavior is on many i3 owners' lists of irritating behavior that they hope BMW will change.

alohart said:
All i3's behave this way. This behavior is on many i3 owners' lists of irritating behavior that they hope BMW will change.

Honestly of the list of items this is one that doesn't really bug me, easy enough to fix. The ones that do (slightly off topic):

1) no SOC percentage (yet, I know there may be one with new update),
2) No hold charge (I know why, but still is stupid),
3) NO HOMELINK, seriously?

epirali said:
Homelink is standard on giga and tera, and not available on mega worlds.

I do find it a bit strange that *all* BMW cars do not come standard with Homelink, keyless access and keyless ignition, rear-view camera, blind spot monitor, and object detection parking assist. You can go pretty far downscale in most non-premium brands (well below BMW entry levels, if above entry level in the other brands) to find these things mostly standard.

FWIW, in the USA, by, I think 2017, all cars and small trucks sold in the USA must have rear view cameras, and the manufacturers have to phase them in , producing more in the preceding model year's vehicles. Given where BMW is trying to position their vehicles, I agree, though, it should be standard already.

i3Alan said:
epirali said:
Homelink is standard on giga and tera, and not available on mega worlds.

I realize that but I could not stand the colors and materials in either. And as you said homelink is standard on most cheap cars, much less a loaded i3 (minus an ugly color package!). Why should a feature be tied to an interior color choice?

epirali said:
I realize that but I could not stand the colors and materials in either. And as you said homelink is standard on most cheap cars, much less a loaded i3 (minus an ugly color package!). Why should a feature be tied to an interior color choice?
Welcome to the packages version of marketing...course, it's been around for decades. It's been a long time since we could order a car a la carte.

FWIW, at least in the USA, you can buy an interface box for your garage door opener that connects it to the internet, and you can open, close, or check the status of the garage door anywhere you have an internet connection. It would be interesting if BMW would offer an app for that.

Back