Replace Rear Pads warning in app @ 30k miles... (???)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eNate

Staff member
Well golly this is unexpected. I received this notification on the MyBMW app just a few weeks ahead of reaching 30,000 miles.

This doesn't make any sense. I don't think I use my brakes enough. I drove my 1st i3 to 50,000 miles and never had any brake issues / warnings.

Screenshot_20240328-182301~2.png

Well golly this is unexpected. I received this notification on the MyBMW app just a few weeks ahead of reaching 30,000 miles.

This doesn't make any sense. I don't think I use my brakes enough. I drove my 1st i3 to 50,000 miles and never had any brake issues / warnings.

View attachment 705
Has a message about replacing your rear brake pads been displayed on your instrument panel? Some BMW owners wouldn't use the My BMW app, so I would be surprised if this message appears only on the app.

Maybe the rear brake pad sensor is defective.

Yeah showed up on the car, too, combined with the 30k service reminder that showed up first.

Can you manually reset the Service Interval and see if it goes away? I would think if it was an alert based on a sensor that it would not.

Maybe, but I'm banking on it being an erroneous sensor and so planning to take it in as warranty work. If the pads are truly worn down I'll be floored.

Back