Settings applied when two remotes present?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwy1rnr

For the wealth of user-specific settings, the user guide says, "The settings are saved for the remote control currently in use." When we carpool, my partner and I both carry our remotes, which raises the question: which one is considered "in use"?

It's straightforward (though inconvenient) to establish settings when only the target remote is present, but what set gets applied when we both enter the vehicle?

If our car hadn't been delayed 10 weeks, I'd have it and could just carry out a series of experiments.

Has anyone experienced "settings confusion"? Thanks!

One way to ensure the fob you want is used is to unlock the car by pressing the button on it. The fob that unlocks the car is the one that counts. You lock/unlock the car with the correct fob if the wrong one is initially selected when comfort access is used.

--Woof!

Woof is correct. In fact my sales person specifically addressed the issue during the delivery orientation. When both key fobs will be in car, the driver should press the button to unlock so there's no confusion.

Back