STOP PRESS! ECOTRICITY ADVICE

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoMW

Anyone who has read my difficulties here
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1006

I received an answer from ecotricity;

"When inserting the plug into the i3 socket, reduce the weight strain of the cable by tilting and holding the plug upwards to ensure connections are made fully while proceeding with charging."

Interesting. How long do you have to support the cable up to relieve 'weight strain'? What happens when you let go? Does the 'weight strain' then cause it to stop charging?

Seems like 'weight strain' is not something that should afflict plugs in today's age.

elptex said:
Interesting. How long do you have to support the cable up to relieve 'weight strain'? What happens when you let go? Does the 'weight strain' then cause it to stop charging?

Seems like 'weight strain' is not something that should afflict plugs in today's age.

Hi eliptex, after selecting which option you would like (AC.or DC) the charging station prompts you to insert the plug into your car, once you connect it, it prompts you again to confirm a connection is made by pressing a button, once you see your amber light blink and change to blue blinking you know that charging has commenced, so you only need to hold it up for a few seconds. Parking the car near the station is advised so that you don't have to stretch.

Before, I was devoting all attention to the station LCD panel and letting the cable hang, the car would blink orange but then change to red blinking.

Back