Taking responsibility?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchi3

While I am genuinely happy with my i3 bev and how it performs (no problems up to now, fingers crossed), the following thoughts popped up lately. It is very tempting for us as "pioneer" electric drivers to show off the performance "off the line" to other drivers and it is big fun to be the fastest in the city (within legal and safety boundaries that is :mrgreen: ), without any local pollution and noise. The problem however is, that if other cars decide to "compete" with you, they will produce a lot of pollution and noise trying to keep up. So while we i3 drivers do drive "clean" (apart from how the electricity is being produced) and relatively efficient, I think we should take our responsibility in not inviting gas guzzlers to do traffic light sprints, in order to save the local environment from noise and pollution. So what do you think.? Of course not everyone will take our "bait" but a lot of gas car drivers are willing to "test" us... should we be be the wisest? I think so... :cool:
Cheers,
Miguel

Dutchi3 said:
While I am genuinely happy with my i3 bev and how it performs (no problems up to now, fingers crossed), the following thoughts popped up lately. It is very tempting for us as "pioneer" electric drivers to show off the performance "off the line" to other drivers and it is big fun to be the fastest in the city (within legal and safety boundaries that is :mrgreen: ), without any local pollution and noise. The problem however is, that if other cars decide to "compete" with you, they will produce a lot of pollution and noise trying to keep up. So while we i3 drivers do drive "clean" (apart from how the electricity is being produced) and relatively efficient, I think we should take our responsibility in not inviting gas guzzlers to do traffic light sprints, in order to save the local environment from noise and pollution. So what do you think.? Of course not everyone will take our "bait" but a lot of gas car drivers are willing to "test" us... should we be be the wisest? I think so... :cool:
Cheers,
Miguel

Agreed... plus there is a certain satisfaction to be had just knowing that with just a little squeeze you could beat 90% of others of the lights. But not actually doing it.

Lol.. i had to grin .. thinking I could wind down my window, get the attention of Mr (or mrs) hot hatch and shout "brrrmmm BRUMMM pop bang bruuuuuMmmm. ." Lol

What you gonna do when a Telsa pulls up alongside. I'd take the opportunity to get out and top up the rex from a Jerry can. LOL, and then say - how long does it take you to add an extra 75 miles range? :) Hare and the Tortoise and all that.

nowtta60 said:
What you gonna do when a Telsa pulls up alongside. I'd take the opportunity to get out and top up the rex from a Jerry can. LOL, and then say - how long does it take you to add an extra 75 miles range? :) Hare and the Tortoise and all that.

I think the secret satisfaction that I paid less than half the price... :cool:

I do a WOT start off the line 90% of the time, and always get to freeway speeds at WOT. It's one the reasons I bought the car: I can have fun while not being "that guy" showing off with a loud and flashy car. Plus, especially with DSC left fully on, despite impressive performance, the grip and handling of the car can easily deal with its power at low speeds (not so with high horsepower ICE cars).

I say: drive it like a slot car. The general public needs more data points that "EV" <> "No Fun."

Back