The New Dashmats are in

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

Dashmat sent me their newest Dashmat after the failed design I received first for the i3. The old one worked fine as long as you just tucked the glove box flap (which was supposed to go over the glovebox and you couldn't open it -doh!) into the glovebox.

Anyway, I think they listened this time. I explained the models and IMHO the base models should come with the nav valley material and the upper wood models should get no material there. The glovebox dashmat now comes separate which some will like some will not. I don't think Im going to put my glovebox dashmat on, but maybe in the summer. The sweeping nav arm is still a separate piece and comes as almost a 3pc design because it has to not impede the airbag should you bash your i3 into an occupier or occupiers, etc. I personally don't care for that piece but again, maybe a summer piece to lay across that part for spf3000 from the sun.

Their customer service of course was great as they did this on their own accord - thanks Cindy!

The only thing is you might want to get a few more pieces of Velcro because of the ton of scalloping contours of the dash. I would imagine the i3 dash was a big headache for the designer. One should specify which model you have before you order. If you want some material under the nav screen because of the sun or because you like to throw your glasses there and don't want them bashing around, you may want to order the Mega version then.

That's all for now. It's off to hunt some occupiers :twisted:

Which remids me, does BMW make a brushbar for the i3?

DeafSoundGuy,
What is the color and material of that is pictured? Is it the original dashmat material, suede dashmat or velour dashmat?
I have a Laurel Gray Mega and it would look nice match.
-----------
Riz

I have the exact same car as pictured at the top of the forum page - and same color and model as you. The Dashmat I have is the suede I think in gray/silver. In bright sunlight it has a bit of a sheen to it, but I think everything does to an extent, even it was black. I'm guessing the Velour look is going to have less, but who knows, I just like the look of the suede better (less dated looking) and I don't get a lot of sun here or at least when it is shining, I'm in my shop slaving away.. :(

When I took off the failed original dashmat and had to look at the kenaf dash it made me want to puke. I couldn't cover it up fast enough with the new one... ;)

Latest posts

Back