The rear suicide "coach" doors open warning screen icon

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

I get the warning door open icon about 1/2 the time now

on both sides

it always resets and is ok after opening/ closing the door again

i think there was a previous thread about this

maybe the switch is too sensitive

:shock:

It takes a good firm push to ensure the latch is fully engaged. I only get that if I'm light on closing. Since the integrity of the doors and structure depends on them being properly latched, it's important to get the latch fully engaged.

jadnashuanh said:
It takes a good firm push to ensure the latch is fully engaged. I only get that if I'm light on closing. Since the integrity of the doors and structure depends on them being properly latched, it's important to get the latch fully engaged.

Same here. I'm paying the price now for telling the rest of the family for years to not the slam doors ! ;)

Well, experience says, it takes a bit more than a light push, but less than a vigorous slam! Seems the latch can catch, but not fully engage unless it compresses the door seals a certain amount, and that takes some pressure. Keep in mind that with a pillarless door opening, the rear door is providing the support and latch for the front door, and therefore, the rear one must be properly engaged for it all to work.

Back