The USA Configurator is up

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultraturtle

The USA configurator is up for the BMW i3:

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?namodelcode=14IB

Thank heavens for the $7,500 federal tax credit. It brought the total just below the $10 billion dollar price point...

Per the pricing PDF that leaked yesterday, that 14IB code at the end is for the REx model.

Here is the link for the BEV / pure EV model:

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?namodelcode=14IA

uter said:
Hmm, where's the sunroof?

In the CNET video review there is clearly a sunroof. But in the US configurator image there is not: click on the interior view 360 button and pan up to the roof -- no sunroof there.

I'm hoping this is just a mistake in the configurator, but if it's not and for some reason the US version will not have a sunroof (either standard or as an option), then my level of interest will drop from very high all the way down close to zero. I think a car this small, even if it is relatively tall, needs a sunroof in order to lessen the feeling of driving in a claustrophobia-inducing tin can :)

tiburonh said:
uter said:

In the CNET video review there is clearly a sunroof. But in the US configurator image there is not: click on the interior view 360 button and pan up to the roof -- no sunroof there.

I'm hoping this is just a mistake in the configurator, but if it's not and for some reason the US version will not have a sunroof (either standard or as an option), then my level of interest will drop from very high all the way down close to zero. I think a car this small, even if it is relatively tall, needs a sunroof in order to lessen the feeling of driving in a claustrophobia-inducing tin can :)

Hoooo-there, don't go galloping off on a horse you don't know yet!

Through an internal BMW muck-up, the i3 I took delivery on this past Monday has not got the Sunroof I ordered and along with that has a Suite (dark leather) Interior. To top it off, up here in Holland we've only got about 7 hours of sunlight per day, this time of year.
Through all of that, there is one comment I will never make; that the interior is claustrophobic! There is an amazing amount of head room and because the side windows are fairly vertical, the amount of room at shoulder hight is simply magic!

One thing I'm NOT missing is my Sunroof, really!

i3me said:
tiburonh said:
uter said:

Hoooo-there, don't go galloping off on a horse you don't know yet!

Through an internal BMW muck-up, the i3 I took delivery on this past Monday has not got the Sunroof I ordered and along with that has a Suite (dark leather) Interior. To top it off, up here in Holland we've only got about 7 hours of sunlight per day, this time of year.
Through all of that, there is one comment I will never make; that the interior is claustrophobic! There is an amazing amount of head room and because the side windows are fairly vertical, the amount of room at shoulder hight is simply magic!

One thing I'm NOT missing is my Sunroof, really!

Thanks. Good to know.

So are you going to keep it even thought they mucked up your order?
l

Back