Traction Setting Shortcut?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

Anyone here find a way to switch the traction setting with one press, or long press?

As a previous M3, 650 and 550 owner, the first thing I always did getting in my previous cars (at least the 650 and 550) was long press on Sport to get it into Sport+ where I'd set up traction and steering dynamics to my liking. The i3 has the traction setting (and when you switch to it it makes corners a lot less freaky at higher speeds), but to get to it you have to do a multi-twist and press dance with the iDrive knob.

They don't let you store it on the preset buttons, and I tried a long press on Comfort to see if did something similar to the other cars... no go.

Anyone else experiment with this?

arlorose said:
Anyone here find a way to switch the traction setting with one press, or long press?

As a previous M3, 650 and 550 owner, the first thing I always did getting in my previous cars (at least the 650 and 550) was long press on Sport to get it into Sport+ where I'd set up traction and steering dynamics to my liking. The i3 has the traction setting (and when you switch to it it makes corners a lot less freaky at higher speeds), but to get to it you have to do a multi-twist and press dance with the iDrive knob.

They don't let you store it on the preset buttons, and I tried a long press on Comfort to see if did something similar to the other cars... no go.

Anyone else experiment with this?

You can set the Traction Control menu to one of the 8 buttons, but you'll still have to scroll to the bottom option and select it each time. Not as good as a single press, but better than digging through the menus each time.

Back