UK Order August for December delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee123

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and have found this forum really informative. Thank you :) I have just placed an order for a Rex in NE Scotland and told delivery will be before year end.... Can this be true? :geek: From what I've read here, the waiting list is >6 months long.. :eek:

Don't know maybe from September UK builds on a long production run? Waiting from March not expecting until end of September earliest. Does dealer give any clue as why quicker now?

Everyone in the UK on here has reported ~6 month wait time. Recently there have been a couple of people mentioning their orders being brought forward by about 2 months, bringing their wait time to ~4 months. There is speculation that this is due to leather interior being high-demand/low-supply, resulting in non-leather interiors being brought forward in the production line. If you haven't gone for leather interior, that fits within the speculation. Speculation on other areas, primarily REX vs BEV, have not demonstrated any consistency.

Just spoke with my dealer. Made the deposit. :D
He says the wait time is 4 months. I did mention longer wait times in other places and his response was that they have a larger allocation because they are one of BMW's biggest dealers. I know the last part is true but I don't know if that's why it's 4 months :roll:

Have you gone for a fairly standard spec? They might have had one on order already and now it has your name on it.

I ordered last weekend and have been quoted mid Feb delivery.

Yes it's a fairly standard spec with standard paint and interior. Just changed wheels, added a sunroof, LED, and winter pack. May add HK. Are you in Scotland as well?

elptex said:
Everyone in the UK on here has reported ~6 month wait time. Recently there have been a couple of people mentioning their orders being brought forward by about 2 months, bringing their wait time to ~4 months. There is speculation that this is due to leather interior being high-demand/low-supply, resulting in non-leather interiors being brought forward in the production line. If you haven't gone for leather interior, that fits within the speculation. Speculation on other areas, primarily REX vs BEV, have not demonstrated any consistency.

I ordered my REx on 22nd April. Was due in first week of November until I added Harman-Kardon sound system, when it moved to mid-September.

Peter did you put in the suite world option? I am thinking of upgrading my interior and not sure it that will slow down my order. at the moment, I have the standard interior on order, partly because the light colours may not survive my kids here in Scotland... :cool:. The lodge is lovely though.

PeterHarvey said:
elptex said:

I ordered my REx on 22nd April. Was due in first week of November until I added Harman-Kardon sound system, when it moved to mid-September.

What week number is being quoted have they said production week then delivery week?

Back