UK Rapid Charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hambrook

Can anyone provide me with an up to date picture of where there are SSC Combo Rapid Chargers in the UK?

I'm a Nissan LEAF driver with 20,000 miles on the clock and I am taking delivery or a 48 hour BMW i3 EV only demonstrator tomorrow. I am just trying to work out how far I can take it before having to wait at a 32A / 6.6kw location vs a 30 min Rapid Charge, if I can find one!

AFAIK there are no CCS chargers yet in the UK, although there was a rumour/report in Leaf Talk of one in Scotland either active or soon to be, Which is why I've ordered a Rex!

It looks like things are starting to move though. Having just nipped into my small local town in Northumberland, I noticed a new addition to one of the car parks. An ABB rapid charging station with a CCS charger attached.
It's not been commissioned yet, so I don't know which cards will work with it. I am though very pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be quite some time before we would see these being installed.

As soon as I'd typed my last reply, ChargeYourCar replied to my tweet to confirm the CCS ( CHAdeMO and what looks like AC rapid connection as well), charge point in Morpeth is one of theirs. It hasn't been commissioned yet though!

As soon as I'd typed my last reply, ChargeYourCar replied to my tweet to confirm the CCS ( CHAdeMO and what looks like AC rapid connection as well), charge point in Morpeth is one of theirs. It hasn't been commissioned yet though!

Looks like Northumberland could be the place to be for access to EV rapid chargers.

http://chargedevs.com/newswire/northumberland-deploys-20-abb-multi-standard-dc-fast-chargers/

Let's hope the rest of the country catches up soon!

Duncan

Back