What should be target discount on 2014-proposal included

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merbella

see below....

This takes my trade and tax credits out of picture for simplicity

M.S.R.P $51,550.00
Dealer/Incentive discount $5,000.00
Selling price $46,550.00
Sales Tax $1,704.29 ( sales tax went down because of your trade )
Doc Fee $599.00
Reg, Title and ETR $91.00
24 Month Owners Choice
10,000 Miles a year
Down Payment $0
Monthly Payment $834.00 Including Tax

When I was searching in Atlanta in December, $5K off was the starting point from most dealers for a car with that MSRP. However, at the time there was a $2K "Innovation Credit", which I believe is only $500 now. So given that, $5K isn't bad but I think you can do better given some patience. Early in the month isn't the best time to buy. Are you purchasing or doing Owner's Choice? Leasing in GA is a bad idea as I'm sure you already know. Owner Choice is the better option due to TVAT.

This looks like a lot...If you look at the current offer for an i3 REx (I assume you are looking at a REx based on your MSRP but might be wrong) from the BMW US site (bmwusa.com) for Atlanta, GA you get:
--------------
$369*/month for 24 months.
• $4,664 Cash due at signing
◦ $369 First months payment
◦ $3,500 Down payment
◦ $0 Security Deposit
◦ $795 Acquisition fee
• Included in payment: $500 Innovations Credit, $4,875 Lease Cash, included in payment.
----------------
This is for an MSRP of $47,850 with $3.5k down, if we convert it to $0 down we would be under $530/month; further if we extrapolate to MSRP $51,550 and assume same incentives and dealer contribution we should still be under $600/month. Adding the sales tax - still under $700/month. Maybe my math is not right, these are confusing calculations :D

If you go through the second and third page of this recent thread you might be able to figure out a target offer that you'd like:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824365&page=2

rtanov said:
This looks like a lot...If you look at the current offer for an i3 REx (I assume you are looking at a REx based on your MSRP but might be wrong) from the BMW US site (bmwusa.com) for Atlanta, GA you get:
--------------
$369*/month for 24 months.
• $4,664 Cash due at signing
◦ $369 First months payment
◦ $3,500 Down payment
◦ $0 Security Deposit
◦ $795 Acquisition fee
• Included in payment: $500 Innovations Credit, $4,875 Lease Cash, included in payment.
----------------
This is for an MSRP of $47,850 with $3.5k down, if we convert it to $0 down we would be under $530/month; further if we extrapolate to MSRP $51,550 and assume same incentives and dealer contribution we should still be under $600/month. Adding the sales tax - still under $700/month. Maybe my math is not right, these are confusing calculations :D

If you go through the second and third page of this recent thread you might be able to figure out a target offer that you'd like:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824365&page=2

You're not taking into account the $7500 she would be eligible to get back. Her quote above is for OC, not OC with Flex, so that $7500 would effectively reduce the quoted payment by $312/mo over 24 months.

Back