Why are car salesmen so stupid?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarTangerine

I found a used i3 rex and asked the salesman if it came with the optional DC fast charge?

This was his response....

"The fast charger is an option you have to buy it separately and it installed in your home. They all come with the slow charger."

If you're going to sell a car, do a little research first so you don't look like an idiot!

SolarTangerine said:
I found a used i3 rex and asked the salesman if it came with the optional DC fast charge?

"The fast charger is an option you have to buy it separately and it installed in your home. They all come with the slow charger."

If you're going to sell a car, do a little research first so you don't look like an idiot!

Or he needs new reading glasses :lol:

A good, honest, knowledgable salesperson is extremely rare.

The service at dealerships is terrible overall. Lies, markups, and all kinds of shenanigans are still common.

The independent dealer is a business model that is way past its prime.

I applaud what Tesla is doing, and hope it will pave the way for other carmakers.

Dealers ruin most buying expeiences for me.

I have yet to find a good BMW salesperson in Toronto, and it may sway me to another brand.

SolarTangerine said:

Aaaaaahaha ha ha ha... sign...

I'm a car salesman. Ask me a question and see if I answer it correctly ;)

Remember not to tar with the same brush...

SolarTangerine said:

OK, the devil is in the detail here, and the salesperson may not be that stupid. You asked if the car had "FAST" charge.

In the EV context, fast charging is via a 32A supply, which you do need additional kit at home (I now have one). The car will charge from that as standard.

The DC option you refer to is "RAPID" charge, difficult/impossible to do at home, and is an option.

I know voltages are different from Europe in the USA, but amps are amps.

Here in the UK and Europe, we have standard charging (10A 240v AC), fast charging (32A 240v AC) and rapid charging (lots of A, lots of v, DC).

So he was correct if you asked about FAST charge not RAPID charge.

Agree though that people need to do their homework before buying a car.

USA & UK - two old friends separated by a common language!!

:lol:

Back