Coding the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunter said:
busaman said:
Bunter said:
Thanks for that. That seems to imply that if you didn't order enhanced bluetooth that you can code it in. Is that correct?

Bill

i think that is the case but the hardware required is professional navigation.
Thanks, I have the Pro Nav but not the enhanced bluetooth, so it's quite interesting.

Bill

it worked on mine and i never had enhanced bluetooth.

Could someone with 54.1 psdzdata_lite PM me with a link? The popular link used on mega doesn't seem to be downloading the part1 rar.

Thanks in advance.

i3atl said:
If you're anti-Facebook, you may still want to create an account with a fake name and join the group so that you can access the info there. It's a great resource.

You may want to stop saying this as if it's trivial to create a fake account on Facebook. I can only assume you've not tried it? Facebook requires a phone number and/or ID upload to create an account. If you use a real number, then it's not anonymous anymore. If you try using temp phone numbers they will in all likelihood detect that (they have dedicated resources to foil this kind of thing) and then ask for ID. That's what happened to me.

So the only answer for the anti-FB crowd (which is sizable) unfortunately to simply hope someone posts the info to a truly public place such as this forum. :cry:

spinball said:
Facebook requires a phone number and/or ID upload to create an account.
Are you certain about that? My Facebook profile includes nothing but a name, an email address, a birthdate, and a gender. I refuse to add any more information. I don't recall Facebook asking for any information that would definitely establish my real identity, but they probably know who I am from their huge database of online information. I don't trust Facebook with my information at all, but it's probably difficult to join without exposing more information than I would like.

spinball said:
i3atl said:
If you're anti-Facebook, you may still want to create an account with a fake name and join the group so that you can access the info there. It's a great resource.

You may want to stop saying this as if it's trivial to create a fake account on Facebook. I can only assume you've not tried it? Facebook requires a phone number and/or ID upload to create an account. If you use a real number, then it's not anonymous anymore. If you try using temp phone numbers they will in all likelihood detect that (they have dedicated resources to foil this kind of thing) and then ask for ID. That's what happened to me.

So the only answer for the anti-FB crowd (which is sizable) unfortunately to simply hope someone posts the info to a truly public place such as this forum. :cry:

I know several people who've done this in order to gain access - they may need to provide a phone number, but they don't attach their real name to the account. For some people this removes enough of the concern, but of course there will be others who will still avoid it.

I've just been removed from face book and my account has disappeared after 10 years.
Facebook had suspicions that I was not using my name, indeed I was using my nickname which everyone knows me since child hood.
I declined to change it because Facebook insisted I send them a copy of my driving licence or passport, something I would never do

KMP647 said:
question for you all with the USA rex who have coded for 2.4 gallons as I just had done.

I ran the tank dry til the rex died and filled up squeezing 2.3 gallons in the tank.

turned on the rex and began driving . the fuel range read 85 miles and stayed there for 20 miles. the fuel tank bars did not decline at all

all 4 fuel tank bars stayed full for 30 plus miles, then started to decline. I think something is missed in my coding because I am used to the fuel gauge being very sensitive.

heck 30 miles is almost a gallon of fuel and the gauge did not drop 1 mm ?

When I mentioned this on FB, someone said I didn't code the fuel gauge. I'm not sure if I did or didn't, but after a few tanks of REx, I think it adjusted on its own. Someone responded with some additional coding for the fuel gauge but I failed to screen shoot it and when I went back to look for it later I couldn't find it. So you might see if someone responds here with that coding and in the mean time see if the car adjusts on its own.

Congrats on the extra capacity!

alohart said:
spinball said:
Facebook requires a phone number and/or ID upload to create an account.
Are you certain about that? My Facebook profile includes nothing but a name, an email address, a birthdate, and a gender. I refuse to add any more information. I don't recall Facebook asking for any information that would definitely establish my real identity, but they probably know who I am from their huge database of online information. I don't trust Facebook with my information at all, but it's probably difficult to join without exposing more information than I would like.

Yes I'm certain, I just tried it. Facebook is always ratcheting up their efforts to make sure you can't use fake accounts. They didn't require this years ago when I set up an account (since deleted) but they sure do now!

i3atl said:
I know several people who've done this in order to gain access - they may need to provide a phone number, but they don't attach their real name to the account. For some people this removes enough of the concern, but of course there will be others who will still avoid it.

If you use your real phone number, you might as well also use your real name since it identifies you elsewhere and FB can link the data that way. You can only use a phone number for a single account on FB.

spinball said:
i3atl said:

If you use your real phone number, you might as well also use your real name since it identifies you elsewhere and FB can link the data that way. You can only use a phone number for a single account on FB.

Sure they can, but there are still major privacy advantages that you gain by not using your real name.

Sounds like that may no longer be as easy, but there are still many people doing it, so I imagine that your account needs to be reported before its scrutinized. If you create it only in order to lurk on a group or two, I'm not sure who would report you.

i3atl said:
spinball said:
i3atl said:

Sure they can, but there are still major privacy advantages that you gain by not using your real name.

Sounds like that may no longer be as easy, but there are still many people doing it, so I imagine that your account needs to be reported before its scrutinized. If you create it only in order to lurk on a group or two, I'm not sure who would report you.

So we agree then that signing up for an anonymous FB account is not easy and is nearly impossible without giving FB your identity.

With that I will stop and get back on topic. :D

Is it still true that all the coding requires a Windows computer?

imolazhp said:
When I mentioned this on FB, someone said I didn't code the fuel gauge. I'm not sure if I did or didn't, but after a few tanks of REx, I think it adjusted on its own. Someone responded with some additional coding for the fuel gauge but I failed to screen shoot it and when I went back to look for it later I couldn't find it. So you might see if someone responds here with that coding and in the mean time see if the car adjusts on its own.

To change the gas tank from 1.9 gallon to 2.4 gallon, there are three settings to change.

In BKOMBI section 3005:

• change TNK_LITER_RECHTS from mcv_rex_liter_kl_rechts_us to mcv_rex_liter_kl_rechts
  • change TNK_OHM_RECHTS from mcv_rex_ohm_kl_rechts_us to mcv_rex_ohm_kl_rechts
  • change TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE from 7_liter to 8_liter

KMP647 said:
I'm not sure mine was done properly. I have Rex control now. And have run the Rex tank dry 3 times, I put in 2.23 gallons , managed to squeeze in 2.35 and then on the last tank 2.30 gal

That's not the issue though it's the way the gas fuel gauge bars stay at full for the first 30 miles of Rex operation not dropping a sliver , I am quite sure the gauge was not done or something.
It all works fine but the range est on fuel varies a lot and the gauge just stays pegged on full until about 3/4 of a gallon of fuel is burned off, then from that point on it seems accurate.

I agree, it sounds like TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE has not been changed to 8_liter as it should have been. Until recently, that third step had not been in the coding instructions in the i3 Facebook group's files section, so whoever coded your car may have missed that step.

Unfortunately I am seeing "trimmed" descriptions when attempting to code. I am using the following versions of software and data:
E-Sys Version 3.24.2
E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.0.7
PSdZ Data Lite Version 55.4

What do I need to do to be able to see the descriptions when in the FDL Editing section?

Thank you all

TheNickGuy said:
Unfortunately I am seeing "trimmed" descriptions when attempting to code. I am using the following versions of software and data:
E-Sys Version 3.24.2
E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.0.7
PSdZ Data Lite Version 55.4

What do I need to do to be able to see the descriptions when in the FDL Editing section?

Use E-Sys 3.26.1, PSdZData 54.1 Lite, and a few additional files; PM me if you need them.

Thanks, I actually had the wrong vehicle set up in the E-Sys Launcher. Fixed that and all the titles popped up.

Thanks all.

First timer... E-sys Launcher Premium is saying I need an activation code. It pops up an email to fxxtokenmaster. I'm guessing I'm SOL until this email responds with an activation code?

Also received an auto-response:
"Thanks for your email. I will be traveling starting June 2 and will have very limited access to my email. Expect replies to be delayed."

June 2? That was almost 2 weeks ago...

spinball said:
First timer... E-sys Launcher Premium is saying I need an activation code. It pops up an email to fxxtokenmaster. I'm guessing I'm SOL until this email responds with an activation code?

You do not need to email anyone for a code any longer. There is a token generator.

Back