Coding the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that "E-Sys Launcher Premium" is the token generator. Do I have this wrong? If so, how do I get the token generator?

ryandesign said:
spinball said:
First timer... E-sys Launcher Premium is saying I need an activation code. It pops up an email to fxxtokenmaster. I'm guessing I'm SOL until this email responds with an activation code?

You do not need to email anyone for a code any longer. There is a token generator.

There are two separate items here. The tokens generated by the E-Sys Launcher each time you fire it up. There's also a separate "activation" code that's delivered by TokenMaster who's the dev for the app. You need the activation code to install E-Sys Launcher.

KMP647 said:
I'm not sure mine was done properly. I have Rex control now. And have run the Rex tank dry 3 times, I put in 2.23 gallons , managed to squeeze in 2.35 and then on the last tank 2.30 gal

That's not the issue though it's the way the gas fuel gauge bars stay at full for the first 30 miles of Rex operation not dropping a sliver , I am quite sure the gauge was not done or something.
It all works fine but the range est on fuel varies a lot and the gauge just stays pegged on full until about 3/4 of a gallon of fuel is burned off, then from that point on it seems accurate.

From our coding session this past weekend, the coding is for the i3 to "recognize" more than 1.9 gallons. You can pump 2.4 gals, but the REX will only use 1.9 G - you'll be left with 0.5 gal in the tank.

macg said:
There are two separate items here. The tokens generated by the E-Sys Launcher each time you fire it up. There's also a separate "activation" code that's delivered by TokenMaster who's the dev for the app. You need the activation code to install E-Sys Launcher.

Ok got the activation code and am now past that hurdle.

Now the current problem: I'm in E-Sys and connected, but all the modules appear to be trimmed. I put the pszdata folders in place.

Is this because I have the latest March 2015 software on my car?

Or is this because E-Sys Launcher lists model with only "F9999" in the list and says "2 days remaining". Do I have to wait two days to be able to pick I01? Really strange software.

ryandesign said:
kmoy2002 said:
Is the general consensus still to not have the dealership update the software if we want to maintain our ability to code?

It is possible to code the car even after the March 2015 update, you just need some extra CAFD and FAFP data files.

My car has the latest update with the SoC on the dash. Where can I get these extra files?

spinball said:
macg said:

I've never had to get a code by email. I've had no trouble coding, using the code I generated myself.

spinball said:
Now the current problem: I'm in E-Sys and connected, but all the modules appear to be trimmed. I put the pszdata folders in place.

Use PSdZData Lite 54.1 (not newer). Newer versions have trimmed descriptions.

spinball said:
ryandesign said:
kmoy2002 said:
Is the general consensus still to not have the dealership update the software if we want to maintain our ability to code?

It is possible to code the car even after the March 2015 update, you just need some extra CAFD and FAFP data files.

My car has the latest update with the SoC on the dash. Where can I get these extra files?

Send me a private message.

Sent you a PM. The instructions I have say the following:

* NOTE: 55.4 PSdZData requires E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x for FDL Coding. BMW AG made changes to PSdZData beginning with 54.2 PSdZData where they removed (trimmed) all descriptive text from CAFD (and FAFP) files, making FDL Coding of ECU's difficult, as the FDL Codes can no longer be easily located. E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x uses historical CAFD data from older Untrimmed PSdZData releases to dynamically map the trimmed data back into E-Sys.

Sounds like the combo of 55.4 and Launcher 2.x should work?

spinball said:
Sent you a PM. The instructions I have say the following:

* NOTE: 55.4 PSdZData requires E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x for FDL Coding. BMW AG made changes to PSdZData beginning with 54.2 PSdZData where they removed (trimmed) all descriptive text from CAFD (and FAFP) files, making FDL Coding of ECU's difficult, as the FDL Codes can no longer be easily located. E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x uses historical CAFD data from older Untrimmed PSdZData releases to dynamically map the trimmed data back into E-Sys.

Sounds like the combo of 55.4 and Launcher 2.x should work?

Ah. I set up my coding environment with PSdZData 54.1 a few months ago, and since that works for me, I'm not planning to change my configuration at this time.

I'm a new I3 Rex owner but experienced programmer.

Could somebody please point me to a download source of PSdzData 54.1 Lite ?

All the links that i can find by Google search are out of order or from very dubious looking sources.

Many thanks

edit: or be kind enough to PM me a copy ? many thanks

alvinv said:
could someone please PM me the link to the same PSdzData 54.1 Lite ?

Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment here and you will get them from me:
http://jpwallhorn.com/all-about-the-bmw-i3/

Anybody know how to code the vehicle to stay fully on when getting out? There have been times where my family is in the car and I need to step out to check the mail or run into a store, but the A/C starts blowing hot air from outside because the car isn't fully running/on. Just need the car to step turning off when the key is in it and I step out.

nimak5 said:
Anybody know how to code the vehicle to stay fully on when getting out? There have been times where my family is in the car and I need to step out to check the mail or run into a store, but the A/C starts blowing hot air from outside because the car isn't fully running/on. Just need the car to step turning off when the key is in it and I step out.

Choose "Activate Comfort Climate" from the screen that shows up when you shut the car off or open the door.

You can also assign this to a preset by going into Settings, Climate, then hold down one of the 8 preset buttons on the dash.

Note that the a/c will only stay on for 30 minutes if you do this, but if someone is still in the car and wants to keep it on all they have to do is re-activate it.

Jaypi said:
alvinv said:
could someone please PM me the link to the same PSdzData 54.1 Lite ?

Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment here and you will get them from me:
http://jpwallhorn.com/all-about-the-bmw-i3/

Just got my software links from you; thanks!

Which Windows OS is recommended to deploy a coding environment? XP/Win7/Win8?

Back