A/C Fan Speed issue on Auto

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BL5

On my 2017 REx I noticed the following last week.

When driving in Comfort or Eco and A/C in Auto the car starts off a very nice flow of cool air. Typically I’ll have the fan speed set to 2 or 3. After a few mins the volume shuts way back (even though fan speed is 2 or 3) to almost no air volume at all. I can crank fan speed up to max, but still does not blow much more volume of air. When I hit MAC AC, it blows nice and cold.

Anyone have this issue before?

The i3'a automatic climate control system continues to surprise me after almost 7 years of ownership, so I can't offer any advice that I would be confident about. However, unless you have decoupled the climate control system from Eco mode in iDrive, you will get less intense climate control than you would in Comfort mode.

Art-
Is this decoupling done through coding? I coded a few things with BimmerCode, but this was not one of them. Is there a benefit to decoupling them?

It was working awesome up to a few days ago. Very odd

BL5 said:
Is this decoupling done through coding? I coded a few things with BimmerCode, but this was not one of them. Is there a benefit to decoupling them?
It's an iDrive setting, at least in pre-LCI U.S. i3's, with no coding required. This setting allows full climate control strength in Eco Pro mode, but not in Eco Pro+.

I’m a range wh#re, so I typically drive in ECO+. Although when it’s hot (80 is hot in WA) I’ll use ECO, which is when I noticed this happening. I’ll check my iDrive settings today for that option. Might also test in comfort to see if AC behaves the same way.

Back