murph2004

Misty Interior

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:57 am

Just noticed this a couple of days ago, its been fine for past year. Now starting to mist up a lot. Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong or is there anything that can be donw to rectify this. I don't want to be living with condensation in car.
I preconditioned this morning for about 15 minutes before getting in, i think without doing this, it woudl have been much worse.
Thank you.
Andrew

MKH
Gold Member

Re: Misty Interior

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 pm

Check your climate control settings - see if you are set for recirculated air instead of vented air. Also, when were your cabin air filters changed last? They may be clogged up.
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch Rial X10-i wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

stumbledotcom

Re: Misty Interior

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 pm

The system includes a condensation sensor that measures humidity and temperature to prevent windshield fogging. If you see fogging while using the Auto program, make sure the AC button is on because the compressor/condenser reduces the humidity level of incoming air and/or increase the intensity setting. Lower intensity levels translate into the system taking longer to respond to changing conditions. That can result in mist forming on the window edges. I've found on damp, cool mornings (we get a lot of those in San Francisco), I need the AC button on and intensity at least 3 in comfort or 4 in eco pro.

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”