All Weather Mats

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Panda

Anyone purchase the All Weather Mats, yet? I just did today. I can't say I am wild about them. They are very plastic-y feeling. You would also think that the front piece would be one piece but it is two so you get this awkward break in the mat between the middle console and the passenger side. I also stepped into it and drove home and it is already horribly stained. I didn't step in anything and the mat looks worse than the light colored carpet that came with the car (which I think was a horrible design color). All Weather Mats should be black in my opinion (not light gray) and they should not show dirt so fast. Literally, I've had them a few hours and I am very dainty about this vehicle and I was disgusted to see footprints on it already. $200? Really?

Wait for some aftermarket all weather mats, guys. The ones BMW are putting out are cheap looking! Wish I could post a picture.

Our experience too. We think they look OK when clean and work well to contain water when it's wet, but the only time they look good is when they've just been thoroughly cleaned, including a wipe down with a damp cloth. First time you hop into the car after that, even if your shoes are relatively clean, the mats show dirt.

I ordered these mats from Germany in April only to be sent mats for a left hand drive car! After shipping them back I got my replacements in right hand drive and ended up paying the same price as in the UK.
The mats are made of rubber but have that vinyl finish that not only stains quickly but also shows scuffs and scratches .
In hindsight I would have waited for third party options

A little update on the all weather mats offered by BMW: I have had the mats for about 2 weeks now. I have washed them several times attempting to remove whatever "tackiness" causes them to stain so bad. They are no better. Wait for 3rd party accessories if you are looking to purchase mats. Unless you want your nice new i3 to look like garbage with footprints all the time. I am very OCD about things like that and it is impossible to keep clean. They attract the slightest bit of dirt/dust/molecules of whatever on your shoes and look like old used mats in seconds. Not worth $200. Should not even be sold with the BMW logo. :|

I purchased weathertech's i3 mats - black, all weather.

Perfect fit. Love them.

Now how to protect the back of the seats...

Each to the own. I like the BMW all weather mats, the tack that others have described as attracting dirt is a positive for me. This keeps the dirt on the mat rather than allowing it to spead around the rest of the car. The join between the two front mats has never bothered me even when I shimmy across to get out the passenger side.

Bill

DeJay58 said:
I love the original mats and don't have any problems eith them. I think they look great?
i love the look of my giga mats. They are just very pale and show dirt. I'm worried they will stain. With kids, I'm going for the rubber mats to protect them.

Since the WeatherTech mats aren't available in RHD and BMW (apparently) aren't easy to keep clean, does anybody have a suggested alternative for owners in UK, Australia, Japan, etc? Any help much appreciated, winters can be mucky here in the UK.

I have to second the post on the weathertech mats specifically for the i3. Mine were delivered today and they are awesome! Perfect fit! I went with the black as the standar-iissue beige were dirty within the first week. I also ordered the cargo mat (black) as well for the rear cargo area. Same perfect fit. I highly recommend!

Lagbeach said:
I have to second the post on the weathertech mats specifically for the i3. Mine were delivered today and they are awesome! Perfect fit! I went with the black as the standar-iissue beige were dirty within the first week. I also ordered the cargo mat (black) as well for the rear cargo area. Same perfect fit. I highly recommend!

I did the same thing, black weathertech floor liner front and rear and rear cargo liner. Perfect fit and they not only look great but they are easy to clean too.

Several positive remarks here on the Weathertech mats. I am tempted to go with the tan floorliners for a Giga interior. Anyone done this? How is the color combo. I like the overall light color of the Giga interior, but as others have noted, light colors are harder to keep clean.

Any other 3rd party mats people are happy with?

iDoug said:
Several positive remarks here on the Weathertech mats. I am tempted to go with the tan floorliners for a Giga interior. Anyone done this? How is the color combo. I like the overall light color of the Giga interior, but as others have noted, light colors are harder to keep clean.

Sadly, not suitable for UK Vehicles.

Hengus said:
iDoug said:

Sadly, not suitable for UK Vehicles.

I've been informed by WeatherTech HQ that RHD versions are on there way.. but late given their original timeframe estimate.

iDoug said:

I am in the US, so don't have to worry about the RHD issue. Anyone with LHD experience with Weathertech in tan? Can you post a pic?

I have tan WeatherTech mats in my F250 and while they fit perfectly, they do show the dirt more than the black Weathertech mats in our i3. They all fit great, do not seem to stain and clean very easily, however they can be scratched.

Back