Auto Time Set

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddodell

I have a 2015 i3 Rex ... with both the tech package and parking package ... basically loaded.

When I try to find the auto time set, it does not appear on my screen ... from various screenshots going back to the 2014 model, it appeared above the Time in the Settings / Time / Date.

It does not appear in my vehicle. I called my dealership, and they told me the 2016 car on the lot have it.

Find it odd that BMW has it on 2014 and 2016, but not 2015 model?

Any ideas ... dealership just doesn't seem to know.

David

ddodell - I've got a fully loaded 2014 BEV, with the latest 2016 software update, and I've never seen any auto time set feature. I've always had to update my clock manually by going into Settings and then into Date/Time. So every time daylight savings changes, I have to manually update. Add to this that the clock always runs a bit fast, so I need to adjust it back a couple of minutes every few months. If you ever find an auto time set feature, please let us know where/how it is done!

Some North American cars have the auto-time option, while others don't. To make the auto-time box appear in settings > date/time, you have to code two of the car's control modules.

BKOMBI module
3000 > GPS_UHR: set to aktiv

HU_NBT
3000 > SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC: set to navigation

See more about coding the i3 in the BMW Coding and Programming sub-forum at bimmerfest.

For the bells and whistles — in some settings, literally, warning lamps and welcome gongs (or lack thereof) — I’m not concerned about warranty denials, especially when comparable i03s in my market have active settings that are inactive in my BEV. Changes, however, to mission-critical settings would give me pause.

Back